The Defense, Intelligence and Security Operation of Leidos is recruiting for a Software Engineer for the FBCB2 program. This position is located in the area of Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD.
As the Software Engineer for the Force XXI Battle Command, Brigade and Below (FBCB2)/Joint Capability Release (JCR) Software Sustainment program you will support Post Production Software Support (PPSS) efforts, including resolution of Software Change Requests (SCRs) and Software Problem Reports (SPRs), operation/maintenance of the Development Software Support Environment (DSSE), Certification and Accreditation efforts, Radiant Mercury integration and test, Blue Force Tracking integration and test, software integration and test facilities operations, and technical support and integration of the FBCB2 software capabilities and interfaces with current and future weapons platforms.
• Provide functional and empirical analysis related to the design, development, and implementation of software systems,
including, but not limited to application software, utility software, development software, and diagnostic software.
• Participate in the development of test strategies, devices, and systems.
• Analyze and solve potential software configuration, integration, and performance issues.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering discipline.
• 4 years of experience conducting functional and empirical analysis related to the design, development, and implementation of software systems.
• 1 year software engineering experience on Army tactical systems.
• Knowledge and experience with DoD/Army plans, policies, standards, and methods aimed at the acquisition and support
of software and computer resources for Army systems.
• Understanding of and experience in the complete life-cycle of the software in military systems
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: U.S. citizenship and an active Secret clearance.
• Experience with the Force XXI Battle Command, Brigade and Below (FBCB2)/Joint Capability Release (JCR).
• Familiarity with CECOM Software Engineering Center Post Production Software Sustainment (PPSS) processes.
• Willing to travel up to 10% CONUS to support operational requirements.