The SE amp;I Change Manager will establish and manage a structured change management program on behalf of US Census Bureau’s (USCB) System Engineering and Integration (SE amp;I) team.
Responsibilities:<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
· Manage activities related to SE amp;I Change Management (CCB agenda, action items, change process training, and process improvement) and changes that impact Capability Level Requirements, Interface Security and Control Documents (ISACDs), Interface Control Documents (ICDs), Business Process and Functional Diagrams and Solution Architecture.
· Track changes through the SE amp;I Change Management process and confirm adherence to process including receipt of appropriate impact analysis, approvals and implementation of changes. Manage access and process flow in Sharepoint.
· Track issues, create reports and facilitate the capture of Change Management metrics with change management tools.
· Communicate Change Requests (CR) to stakeholders across USCB and Technical Integrator (TI) team to ensure a consistent understanding of changes being requested.
· Coordinate Change Management activities with SE amp;I, CCB approval authorities, requestors, TI team and other stakeholders as needed.
· Assist with developing and improving communication channels, and developing, improving, integrating, and documenting CM plans, processes, and procedures.
· Contribute to other varying tasks and performing duties associated with the functions below with respect to change management:
o Project Feasibility
o Project Compliance (standards, methods, artifacts)
o Performance Metrics
o Quality Assurance
o Gap analysis / trend analysis
o Technical Liaison Support
o Status Report inputs
o Perform Functional Analysis
o Support Organizational business improvement initiatives
o Conduct Process engineering and validation
-Requires a Bachelor's Degree and 12-15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10-13 years of prior experience.
Required Skills: <?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
· Experience with Change Management principles, methodologies and tools. Understanding of configuration management concepts and knowledge of industry best practices.
· Experience implementing and managing change management programs for mid-size to large system integration programs (75+ organizations).
· Capable of multi-tasking, planning and managing multiple concurrent priorities. Follows tasks to their logical conclusion and makes sure that everything has been done to the right standard.
· Attention to detail and discrepancies.
· Comfortable working both individually, as member of a team, and as team leader. Experience working in a matrixed team environment and managing action items across multiple organizational units.
· Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently to team members and clients, verbally and in writing. Able to present ideas in a variety of ways depending upon audience and context. Excellent active listening skills.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), SharePoint and Project/Visio.