Leidos is seeking a Regional Manager to support the US Army Corps of Engineers ACE-IT Program in Atlanta, Savannah, Charleston, Lancaster, and/or Norfolk.
The Regional Manager will be responsible for ensuring that customer needs are satisfied through managing and coordinating specific informational technology deliverables; will manage the overall program/project plan, budget, structure, schedule and staffing requirement; will manage company and third-party vendors as well as assure that an integrated software and hardware solution is provided to meet customer's need. Will provide day-to-day technical/professional guidance and leadership as appropriate to the area of expertise.
May include responsibility for technical development. Instrumental in overall planning and selling of services. Responsible for coordinating subordinate employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessment, work assignments, salary, and recognition/disciplinary actions.
The Regional Manager will serve as the primary point of contact for USACE customers across a defined region. Will be responsible for initiating and sustaining customer contact leading to better understanding of requirements, issues and concerns. The Regional Manager will cultivate customer relationships at all levels within their region to become the customer’s primary point of contact that can help define solutions and identify business opportunities. The Regional Manager is also part of the escalation process; he/she will own issue resolution and customer satisfaction across their region.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Responsible for the overall satisfaction of the customers, cost control, and ensuring the quality of services provided in their region.
• Primary point of contact for the Regional Deputy Director, Division IT Chiefs, District IT Chiefs and USACE District Commanders within their region.
• Directly responsible for the management of personnel within their area of responsibility, ensuring Standard Operating Procedures are communicated and followed.
• Establishes priorities, clarifies responsibilities, eliminates duplication and resolves conflicts in close coordination with customers within their region.
• Reviews policy, procedural, and operational changes to increase program effectiveness and mission success.
• Communicates horizontally and vertically to properly set expectations and ensure a thorough understanding of issues, progress, and change.
• Reviews and manages allocated budget for assigned resources. Monitors budget execution to identify and report potential shortfalls and or overages.
• Must possess the technical skills, experience and leadership necessary to make decisions that will ensure contractual and customer commitments are met or exceeded on a consistent basis.
* Bachelor’s degree from accredited university/college in relevant field (equivalent experience/combined education also acceptable)
* 5+ years of professional, relevant experience and/or specialized training
* Excellent customer interaction skills
* Excellent communication skills (oral amp; written)
* Experience managing costs for a large project ($1M plus)
* Experience managing personnel (20 or more)
* Direct knowledge and understanding of IT Infrastructure Management to include servers, workstations, networks and telecommunications
* Interim Secret Clearance required prior to start
* Prior USACE/ACE-IT experience.
* Experience working in a DoD environment.
* Certification preferred in Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) version 3 Foundation.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.