The Advanced Solutions Group (ASG) at Leidos currently has an opening for a Cyber/Indications and Warnings Analyst to work at our Ft. Meade, Maryland location. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience supporting an important, fast-paced, mission critical program.
This individual is responsible for performing Security Incident and Event Handling for a critical DoD operational system. The successful candidate will demonstrate strong skills in Incident Response and Handling, Forensic Analysis, and the ability to quickly relay critical information to team members and management clearly, completely, and concisely.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
As the Attack, Sensing, Warning, and Response (ASWR) analyst, the successful candidate will analyze collected data and derive facts, inferences, and projections to determine if the systems being monitored are operating normally or being attacked by an adversary. This individual will also analyze this collected data to detect an Insider Threat. The successful candidate will develop new dashboards and analytics to refine existing reports and create new reports. He/she will also work with System Engineers and System Administrators to better define the audit data being collected to eliminate false positives and false negatives from the data.
External Referral Eligible
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Information Assurance or related field
• At least 2 years experience with an Indications and Warnings monitoring tool
• Experience tuning audit data to reduce number of false positives and false negatives
• Experience in responding to detected security incidents
• Must possess excellent troubleshooting skills
• Must have a solid understanding of network intrusion detection methods and techniques
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
• Network Security Operations Center (SOC) experience preferred
• Experience creating Dashboards and Analytics within SIEM (Security Information and Event Management) Tool
• Experience creating workflows for Incident Response within a SIEM (Security Information and Event Management) Tool
• Experience with the following: StealthWatch, TripWire, Zenoss, and ArcSight
• CISSP Certification
• GIAC Certified Incident Handler Certification
• GIAC Cyber Threat Intelligence Certification