Leidos has an opening for a Systems Engineer to support the Department of Homeland Security. The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has a continuing requirement for Secure Enterprise Network Systems, Services, amp; Support (SENS3) for the continued operations and maintenance and evolution of the Homeland Secure Data Network (HSDN) and the Classified Local Area Network (C-LAN). This requirement was previously called Enterprise Networked Services Support (ENSS).
Supporting the SENS3 management team, the candidate will perform service portfolio planning for services associated with the SENS3 program. Service Portfolio planning will include applying ITIL Service Strategy concepts to maintain services across the service lifecycle to include additions, changes, and deletions to the active service list. The candidate will develop and maintain a service roadmap and will work closely with the Service Catalog and SLA Leads to map the service portfolio to the catalog and associated SLAs.
Specific support examples are following:
- Performing business process analysis across large programs with support to project management
- Developing and applying best practices to guide service portfolio and catalog offerings for large ITSM programs
- Performing Data analysis and reporting for data enrichment in support of Service Portfolios
- Developing and maintaining program roadmap and high-level architectures
- Proposing projects for enhancements to existing services and creation of new services
- Support to government change control boards, governance, and working groups
- Portfolio assessments and prioritization of projects associated with roadmap
- Risk Management Planning associated with the project portfolio
Typical Education and Qualifications: Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, and 9 years of professional experience; or 7 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree. Additional experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- 9+ years of broad IT Service Management (ITSM) experience;
- Experience with Demand/Availability management, capacity management, data management, and/or Tier 2-3 technical/engineering support of services;
- Working knowledge of IT service planning
- DHS Experience - Experience in medium to large scale operations of IT Service Management. Configuration and development experience with Service/Product offering and tracking.
- Appropriate Infrastructure/Architectural Experience for requirements