Leidos is seeking a Sr Software Engineer to support the CECOM SEC Terrestrial Sensors Software Branch with a DoD SECRET clearance (Top Secret preferred) at the Aberdeen Proving Grounds, MD.
<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
The Sr Software Engineer will be responsible for supporting the government BAT-A Project Lead to enable the transition of the Biometrics Automated Toolset-Army (BAT-A) software to Post Production Software Sustainment (PPSS). This includes support for development of key PPSS transition documentation, analysis of original equipment manufacturer BAT-A documentation, installation of a BAT-A software engineering environment, and performing the software engineering and testing required enable future software releases.
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Plans, conducts, and coordinates software development activities
- Performs empirical analysis for the design, development, documentation, testing, debugging, and implementation of software and software systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions to mission problems
- Applies the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the development life cycle
- Participates in the development of test strategies, devices, and systems
- Develops technical solutions to complex software problems which require analysis of proposed product design changes to determine effort on the overall product and system.
***External Referral Eligible***
Minimum Requirements:<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
Equivalent experience/education combinations are NOT permitted based on the Typical Minimums for this job. This requisition requires a minimum of 9 years of related experience and a bachelors degree in a Software Engineering or related discipline. Only candidates possessing both qualifications can be considered.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, or other Engineering or Technical discipline
- 9 years of related work experience in Software Engineering
- Ability to work in a classified laboratory, 5 days per week in APG, MD
- Ability to travel as required to support mission requirements (5%)
- Active Secret clearance with an investigation within the last 5 years; Ability to achieve a Top Secret clearance if needed
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with Visual Basic 6.0, COM, COM+, C, C++, C#, .NET, and XML
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with MS Windows 7, MS SQL Server 2008 R2, MS .NET Framework 4, MS Visual Studio, IBM Rational System Architect, and VMware
- Understanding of US Military Biometrics, ISR, and SIGINT systems
- Prior US Military/government experience
- Excellent oral and written communications skills (briefings, software documentation, status reports, etc.)