Leidos seeks an experienced Requirements Engineer to provide support for a position in the Herndon, VA area. The Requirements Engineer will document, analyze, and review requirements for a software development team. The Requirements Engineer will be responsible for interfacing with multiple stakeholders to assess and understand the requirements to ensure that user stories are consistent and applicable across all products.
Candidates must have an active TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance to be considered.
The Requirements Engineer is responsible for overseeing functional and non-functional requirements for multiple project teams. The Requirements Engineer’s primary duties include managing and verifying requirements; capturing detailed descriptions of user needs and product functionality; and ensuring the project team has clear, consistent, and testable requirements documented in user stories and completion criteria. The Requirements Engineer will also reconcile conflicts; decompose high-level information into the appropriate level of detail for team members; and participate in peer reviews of requirements documentation.
Working in a Scrum agile development environment, the Requirements Engineer will collaborate with development, test, and management team members; adhere to project schedules and milestones; and provide weekly status updates to management.
This position requires a candidate with prior requirements management experience, demonstrated verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to multi-task.
- Typically requires BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain
- Prior requirements management experience in a Scrum agile development environment
- Ability to analyze and assess requirements
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Previous experience in enterprise-level software applications
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities
External Referral Eligible