The Defense and Intelligence Group (D amp;IG) at Leidos currently has a contingent opening for a System Engineer to work in support of customers at Picatinny Arsenal. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience supporting an important, fast-paced, warfighter-focused, mission critical program.
The individual will be responsible for support various aspects of the program and ensuing task orders under a multi-award IDIQ.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: (list daily duties and/or specific job responsibilities)
Independently lead engineering services that may include but are not limited to the following:
• Engineering study and analyses; technology planning; integrated logistics support
• Concept development; systems architecture development; requirements development
• System development and integration; test and evaluation; systems operation
• Systems design; modeling and simulation; construction
• Configuration management; systems acquisition and life cycle management in compliance with current Industry and Government practices.
• 25% travel requirement
• Ability to obtain a secret clearance if necessary.
EDUCATION amp; EXPERIENCE:
Experience as an Engineer lead or manager in one or more of the following disciplines-- Chemical, Civil, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering or sub-disciplines related to them including, but not limited to the following:
• General, Reliability, Maintainability, Safety, Human Factors
• Environmental, Bio-Engineering, Logistics,
• Electrical, Industrial, Mechanical, Manufacturing, Systems, Specification, Design
• Optical, Thermal, Lasers amp; Electro Optics, Communications
• Electronics, Software, Computer, Computer Systems, Information Theory
• Aerospace, Instrument/Spacecraft, Calibration/Instrument
• Geo-Science, Geo-Technical, Test (Non-Destructive and Destructive)
• Structural, Materials, Material/Munitions, Transportation, Remote Sensing
• Engineering Management, EMSEC, Applied Mechanics, Business Management and Processes.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Require Bachelor’s Degree in their field of expertise from the scope of qualifications listed above.
• 6 to 8 years working with complex systems and documentation.
• 1 year engineering management, may be substituted for two years general experience.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.