The Defense and Intelligence Group (D amp;IG) at Leidos currently has a contingent opening for a Senior Engineering Technician to work in support of customers at Picatinny Arsenal. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience supporting an important, fast-paced, warfighter-focused, mission critical program.
The individual will be responsible for support various aspects of the program and ensuing task orders under a multi-award IDIQ.
• Selects and adapts plans, techniques, designs or layouts.
• Contact personnel in related activities to resolve problems and coordinate the work; reviews, analyzes, and integrates the technical work of others.
• Designs, develops and constructs major units, devices or equipment; conducts tests, analyzes results and redesigns or modifies equipment to improve performance. Reports results.
• From general guidelines or specifications, develops designs for equipment such as special purpose circuitry. Analyzes technical data to determine applicability to design problems; selects from several possible design layouts; calculates design data; and prepares data and layouts, detailed specifications, parts lists, estimates, procedures, etc.
• May check and analyze drawings or equipment to determine adequacy of drawings and design.
• Plans or assist in planning tests to evaluate equipment performance. Determines test requirements, equipment modification, and test procedures; conducts tests using various instruments, analyzes test results and prepares reports on findings. Makes recommendations based on findings.
• 25% travel requirement
• Ability to obtain a secret clearance if necessary.
EDUCATION amp; EXPERIENCE:
• Successful technical troubleshooting work experience
• Knowledge of Microsoft Operating systems
• Good working knowledge of Internet browsers
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Exceptional troubleshooting skills in the area of various hardware devices, as well as Microsoft suite (Outlook, Microsoft Exchange)
• Ability to provide exceptional support to high profile customers
• Ability to work autonomously
• Ability to troubleshoot complex hardware and software issues
• BS Degree in a related discipline from an accredited institution with five years’ experience or alternatively, eleven years related work experience.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.