Leidos is seeking an analytical and customer-focused Senior Information Specialist (Justice Grants) to join our customer service team in Gaithersburg, MD supporting the US Department of Justice. The ideal candidate will work on our escalation team and respond to grant application questions and other justice-related requests for assistance from the criminal justice, victim services, and public safety communities in a timely and accurate manner.
- Answer second tier, escalated questions from customers in a call center environment.
- Conduct online and offline research to create helpful customer responses.
- Thoroughly review new funding opportunities and understand the grant application's eligibility, programmatic and financial requirements.
- Coordinate informative briefings and conduct trainings regarding grants management and other justice-focused topics.
- Help customers navigate, utilize, and troubleshoot grants management and web-based information systems.
- Collaborate with US Department of Justice officials to ensure customer questions are answered accurately, consistently, and in a timely manner.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of grants management approaches and policies as well as justice issues, news, research and technical assistance resources.
- Appropriately document customer interactions in DOJ databases.
- Maintain knowledgebases, FAQs, resource materials, referrals, and other informative content to improve customer education.
- Routinely report and analyze customer interactions and make recommendations to improve their experience and the grant application process.
Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Security Clearance.Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (or equivalent work experience) plus 2 - 4 years of relevant work experience or Masters Degree with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Excellent written and verbal customer engagement skills and proven ability to work with clients.
- Strong online research, critical thinking, and analytical skills.
- Quick learner and active problem-solver.
- Ability to manage and prioritize tasks in a high volume environment.
- Exceptional organization skills with the ability to meet deadlines.
Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Security Clearance.
- Practical experience in grants management and/or working with criminal justice, victim services, or other public safety audiences.
- Possess a passion for justice and public safety issues.
- Experience working with government clients and maintaining strong business relationships.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.