Leidos has career openings for Systems Engineers located in Bridgewater/OCONUS.POSITION SUMMARY:
The job of the Systems Engineer is to provide onsite support for multiple manned aerial ISR platforms to our customers at CONUS and OCONUS locations. We are looking for motivated self-starters who want to join a team dedicated to excellence and continuous progress. Selected candidates will participate in engineering activities at any point in the system development life cycle including: systems analysis/requirements definition, design, development, integration, testing, acceptance/deployment, sustainment/maintenance, and evaluation. Experience with Full Motion Video, Hyperspectral, and EO/IR systems required. 50% Travel OCONUS.
- Will collect, maintain, organize, and compile technical data for the aircraft and sensor systems and lifecycle management.
- Capable of providing preliminary solutions to a variety of problems that may arise in an expeditious, efficient, and timely manner.
- Become familiar with and utilize the established configuration management, safety and quality assurance processes.
- Servicing of airborne imaging sensors and systems infrastructure , as well as, depot level assembly, integration and testing of components.
- This job may monitor, and otherwise assist lower level service technicians. This job may include any aspect of field support, and is not limited to system hardware and software, PCs, and networking/wireless networking.
- Capable of receiving assignments in the form of objectives with goals and process to meet goals outlined.
- Assignments will be performed independently and reported to supervisor, team lead, or other more senior staff on a regular basis
- To be considered for this position candidates must:
- Be able to obtain a passport or visa to travel internationally
- Be willing to travel CONUS and OCONUS
- Be willing to work in Hardship and Hazardous locations
- Be willing to work long hours and / or non-regular hours with minimal notice
- Be capable of working independently or as part of a team
- Possess or be able to obtain a FAA Class III Medical Certificate or military equivalent
- Be able to successfully accomplish the CONUS Replacement Center course
- Be willing to fly for extended periods
- Be capable of lifting 50+ lbs
- BS degree and 2+ years of related experience. Additional years of experience may be used in lieu of a degree.
- Experience with DoD avionics, to include but not limited to, communication, navigation, COMSEC, and aircraft survivability equipment repair and modification.
- Experience in design or fabrication of ruggedized assemblies for harsh environments.
- System level design and assembly experience.
- Troubleshooting proficiency is required.
- Broad technology experience in systems engineering, ISR sensors, requirements tracking, testing and validation. "Hands-on" experience developing systems for Airborne ISR programs and sensors.
- Civilian and/or military experience with AISR programs.
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, amp; PowerPoint).
- Video routing , multicast, HD-SDI and encoding
- Experience with the following hardware and software: Haivision Makito, Cisco switches, Windows 10, Active directory, video matrix, monitors, and KVMS.
- Possess strong problem-solving, organizational, and verbal/written communication skills.
- Candidate must be willing and able to spend months at a time OCONUS performing field repairs and maintenance of systems and avionics mounted on an aircraft.
- Must have a Secret security clearance.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Security+ Certification.
- Experience must include an understanding of basic electronics principles and theory and must be proficient with test equipment.
- Basic understanding of IT principles and practices required; advanced experience/knowledge of IT principles and practices strongly desired.
- Prior military Airborne ISR and flight operations experience.
- Current Security+ Certification.
TA_4External Referral Eligible Leidos Overview:
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.