Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O), a Defense and Intelligence Group of Leidos has an opening for a Network Engineer, Associate at Scott AFB, IL.<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
The Network Operations Engineer will support the GSM-O program with provides sustainment, maintenance, Problem and Change management services to help ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of the Department of Defense IP networks.
•Provide technical support for the design, implementation, and integration of network changes and sustainment.
•Assist in the planning and performing of analytical research, design development, and other assignments in conformance with design, engineering and customer specifications.
•Perform various complex software development tasks.
•Ensure efficient delivery of contract capabilities using industry standards and repeatable processes.
•Mitigate risks, control costs and schedule variance, and effectively manages large scale, integrated projects.
•Perform a variety of analytical tasks which include the hardware and software design and implementation utilizing various facility equipment.
•Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and less than 2 years of overall related experience. 4+ years of additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree.
•Currently possess DoD 8750 certification at IAT level II, Security+ CE or CCNA Security.
• Experience analyzing VLAN, routing, IP addressing and sub-netting.<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
• Experience troubleshooting and configuring IP networks using at least one of the following routing methods: BGP, ISIS or OSPF, Static routing.
• Experience with either service provider or enterprise IP networks using an interface on Cisco (ESR and ASR) and/or Juniper routers.
• Experience with ports and protocols.
• Currently possess an active Secret security clearance.
• Equally proficient in Juniper and Cisco configuration, troubleshooting, and design.
• Experience with Cisco IOS XR, JUNOS, and Cisco IOS codes.
• Pearl or other language scripting capable of running backup confits and other scripting to pull information from Cisco/Juniper routers
• IPSEC configuration, troubleshooting, and design experience.
• MPLS configuration, troubleshooting, and design experience.