Position is supporting Active Directory Design/Build for a multi-discipline engineering team for our DTRA program in Fort Belvoir, Virginia.
Serves as the Lead Active Directory Architect for a 4000+ user active directory environment, utilizing Server 2012r2 and 2016 Core operating systems. The AD Architect will plan, support, implement and document an Engineering solution to migrate from a multi-tiered 2012r2 factor to a Flat 2016 Core based design.
The AD Architect will be tasked with working with all IT support teams to ensure that requirements are accurately identified and executed in a delivered solution. Will serve as the Subject Matter Expert for junior staff, developing skillsets within the operations team to facilitate a complete transition to them for day to day operations, while continuing to serve as the Tier 4 escalation point. Will also oversee updates to the Disaster recovery and Continuity of Operations Plan as required by new implementations.
External Referral Eligible
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EDUCATION:
• Advanced level understanding of Microsoft Server 2012r2 and 2016 Active Directory deployments
• Specific understanding deploying Active Directory utilizing the Server Core deployment, with ability to support it as such utilizing Microsoft provided toolsets
• Experience using the Quest ARS AD management tool to extend AD Schema and manage AD accounts for users and groups
• Experience working in a multi forest AD environment supporting Administrative, user, and resource Directory workflows
• Bachelor’s Degree in an Information Technology Discipline
• 10 or more years’ experience supporting Microsoft Windows servers
• 9+ years supporting Active Directory environments
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, to be able to effectively document solutions and obtain requirements from customers
• MCSE or the equivalent Professional level Microsoft Certification
• CompTIA Security+ or CISSP
• Expert level understanding of AD integrated DNS, and associated impacts on other connected systems
• Extensive PowerShell scripting expertise, to automate workflows and collection of data
• Expert level understanding of Sites and Services boundaries, impact of latency in multisite deployments, and troubleshooting replication issues across WAN links
• Working knowledge of L2/L3 network concepts to assist in the development of a complete Directory solution
• Extensive background securing AD in accordance with DoD STIG requirements
• Master’s Degree in an Information Technology Discipline
• ITIL v3 Foundations certification