Principal Program Budget AnalystAlbuquerque, NM**Relocation assistance may be available
Leidos is a science and technology solutions leader built on a legacy of daring innovation and outstanding accomplishment. Leidos’ 33,000 employees support vital missions with our government and commercial customers and, together, solve some of the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and healthcare markets. Leidos employees transform problems into opportunities for their customers to meet their goals and advance their endeavors.
Leidos is looking for a high performing candidate to fill a position supporting the nation's nuclear deterrence mission with the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Office of Defense Programs as a budget and finance program advisor to Federal Program Managers. The scope encompasses providing subject matter expertise with program planning and budgeting and execution for programs that advance technology development at the national security laboratories and nuclear weapon production facilities for deployment into the national nuclear weapon stockpile. This position requires an experienced person with demonstrated PPBE expertise developed during engagement with Federal and/or Defense agencies.
This is a full-time contractor-support position located on-site at the NNSA offices in Albuquerque NM.
• Providing Federal Program Managers with clear, concise, accurate and timely future budget analyses and information to support programmatic decision-making processes and respond to short- notice what-if inquiries from within NNSA, the Secretary of Energy, and other senior Departmental officials.
• Recommending methods for meeting national defense mission requirements associated with current and future fiscal year planning.
• Preparing program cost and budget documentation covering several future budget fiscal years; this includes development of complex spreadsheets, program planning and budget briefings, and issue papers describing the projects, outcomes, and benefits for meeting national defense missions for technology capability development at the national security laboratories and nuclear weapon production facilities.
• Preparing financial inputs for implementation plans, program plans, Reports to Congress, and similar planning documents, as well as for broad NNSA Defense Programs documents (e.g., the Stockpile Stewardship and Management Plan).
• Analyzing, formatting, and presenting budget justifications to senior Federal management and external organizations, such as Congress and the Office of Management and Budget.
• Monitoring and reporting to Federal staff the progress of programmatic plans and solutions relative to schedule, completing timely population of NNSA on-line systems (e.g., the Enterprise Portfolio Analysis Tool), and advising whether program deliverables conform to requirements, quality control standards and negotiated metrics.
• Tracking and maintaining records on status of portfolio and program budget changes, including allocation/reallocation, expenditures, comparison of planned to actual cost information to identify issues and suggest corrective action.
• Providing program management support in the preparation, coordination, evaluation, review and analysis of program execution plans and tracking, monitoring, and reporting of program-specific milestones and updates of annual performance measures.
• Analyzing, reporting results, and tracking action items on technical projects undertaken by the national security laboratories and nuclear weapon production facilities in nuclear weapon component development.
• Managing annual, quarterly and other periodic reporting requirements, including program reviews, providing financial and programmatic input, and coordinating NNSA site meetings associated with program deliverables
• Advising Federal Program Manager in methods for meeting requirements associated with current and future fiscal year planning and assist in developing consistent methods and approaches for use by Federal and contractor budget support staff members.
External Referral Eligible
• Active DOE Q or DOD TS clearance
Required Education, Experience, and Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in a program management, finance-related, or science/engineering discipline.
• Minimum of 12 years of related program/budget analysis experience including in part such functions as project reporting, cost and budget analysis, preparing work authorizations, and work packages.
• Expertise with DOE or DOD PPBE systems, i.e., EPAT, PROBE, DPD, etc.
• Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite particularly MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and MS Excel including expertise with pivot tables (using and building).
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated experience in developing briefings for senior and executive management.
Desired Education, Experience, and Skills:
• Master’s degree in a related field from an accredited university.
• Staff experience in military, government or corporate enterprise and/or interagency experience.
• Nuclear weapon program experience.
• Knowledge of earned value management and program management/scheduling tools and techniques (Microsoft® Project, Primavera Project Planner ®, wInsight®, ACEIT etc.).
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.