Project Control Engineer
Albuquerque, New Mexico *Relocation assistance may be available
Leidos is a science and technology solutions leader built on a legacy of daring innovation and outstanding accomplishment. Leidos’ 33,000 employees support vital missions with our government and commercial customers and, together, solve some of the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and healthcare markets. Leidos employees transform problems into opportunities for their customers to meet their goals and advance their endeavors.
Leidos is looking for a high performing candidate to fill a position supporting the nation's nuclear deterrence mission with the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Office of Defense Programs as a Project Controls Analyst on a major weapon acquisition program with an emphasis on schedule analysis and earned value management system (EVMS) analyst. The scope encompasses providing subject matter expertise on project controls to the Federal program manager and project engineers as well as establishing programmatic liaison with project engineers at the national security laboratories and nuclear weapon production facilities who are engaged in managing technical work. This position requires an experienced person with demonstrated project controls expertise ideally developed during engagement with Federal and/or Defense agencies.
This is a full-time contractor-support position located on-site at the NNSA offices in Albuquerque NM.
The Project Control Engineer will coordinate and report on activities contributing to the successful execution of the weapon acquisition process. This person is accountable for maintaining current awareness of program execution status at the geographically dispersed national security laboratories and nuclear weapon production facilities. This person will be expected to provide situational analysis and advise the Federal program manager on matters pertaining to schedule, earned value, and performance against spend plans and budgets.
Specific duties include:
• Defining requirements for resource-loaded schedules for status updates and changes to the integrated master schedule.
• Reviewing integrated master schedules utilizing Primavera P6 to confirm interface milestones and activity durations identified in multiple NNSA Management and Operating (M amp;O) contractors’ schedules.
• Implementation and adherence to ANSI 748C EVMS guidelines.
• Coordinating baseline changes and management reviews.
• Analyzing schedule and cost risk contingency using Acumen Fuse Monte Carlo analysis.
• On-going schedule tracking, analysis, and review of changes to work packages, working with appropriate Program Managers and other applicable organizations.
External Referral Eligible
• Active DOE Q and/or DOD TS clearance
Required Education, Experience, and Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in business or other technical field.
• 12-15 years of related program controls experience in military, government, or corporate construction, manufacturing, or production floor environments.
• Experience with project management/scheduling tools and techniques particularly Primavera and P6.
• Expert understanding of Earned Value Management Systems including the application of ANSI 748 criteria.
• Proficiency in the transition of requirements, interfaces, linkages, and risk mitigation activities associated with program scope into an integrated, resource loaded schedule with schedule and cost risk contingency analysis.
• Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite with particular emphasis on word processing, presentation, and spreadsheet applications (MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and MS Excel).
• Demonstrated experience in establishing and maintaining a positive and productive work relationship with federal customers and fellow contractor staff based on level of expertise, quality of work, personality, communication skills and timely delivery of work products.
Desired Education, Experience, and Skills:
• Master’s degree in a related field.
• Prior project controls/systems engineering experience with NNSA headquarters, NNSA field (e.g., SNL, LANL or LLNL) or the Department of Defense (e.g., Air Force, Navy, Army, DTRA).
• PMP or PMI-SP certification.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.