Principal Technical Program Coordinator
Albuquerque, NM**Relocation assistance may be available
Leidos is a science and technology solutions leader built on a legacy of daring innovation and outstanding accomplishment. Leidos’ 33,000 employees support vital missions with our government and commercial customers and, together, solve some of the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and healthcare markets. Leidos employees transform problems into opportunities for their customers to meet their goals and advance their endeavors.
Leidos is looking for a high performing candidate to fill a position supporting the nation's nuclear deterrence mission with the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Office of Defense Programs to provide technical program coordination on a major acquisition program. The scope encompasses providing subject matter expertise on program management to the Federal program manager as well as establishing technical and programmatic liaison with scientists and engineers at the national security laboratories, DOE laboratories and agencies, and commercial contractors who are engaged in sustaining the nation’s nuclear weapon stockpile. This position requires an experienced person with demonstrated project management and engineering management expertise developed during engagement on large projects with commercial, Federal, and/or defense agencies. This is a full-time contractor-support position located on-site at the NNSA offices in Albuquerque NM.
The Senior Technical Program Coordinator is accountable for execution of the program management office activities contributing to the successful execution of the acquisition process. This person is responsible for maintaining current awareness of issues, risks, and progress toward completion of the activities undertaken by the geographically dispersed national security laboratories, DOE laboratories and agencies, and commercial contractors. This person will be expected to provide situational analysis and advise the Federal program manager on matters pertaining to planning, integrating, and meeting policies, programs, and procedures.
Specific duties include:
• Establishing relationships with technical representatives from the NNSA national security laboratories, DOE laboratories and agencies, and commercial production contractors; attending meetings to monitor design and production progress and issues; and reporting these to the Federal program manager.
• Communicating complex program and budget execution concepts to the Federal program manager, senior leadership, external stakeholders and others with diverse technical understanding.
• Evaluating program variables and providing assessments to the Federal program manager regarding how well technical plans and solutions are proceeding on schedule and whether deliverables conform to customer requirements, quality control standards, and negotiated metrics.
• Traveling frequently to various locations across the country for meetings.
External Referral Eligible
• Active DOE Q and/or DOD TS clearance
Required Education, Experience, and Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science, or other technical field.
• 12 or more years of related program management of large projects and technical experience in military, government, or corporate construction, manufacturing, or production floor environments.
• Experience with project management tools and techniques, e.g., EVM and Primavera P6.
• Experience with cost estimating, cost/benefit analysis, and PPBE process.
• Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite with particular emphasis on word processing, presentation, and spreadsheet applications (MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and MS Excel).
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated experience in developing briefings for senior and executive managers.
• Demonstrated successful experience with briefing and interacting with executive management, senior leadership, and members of Congress and their staff.
• Program Management Institute certification as a program management professional (PMP)
Desired Education, Experience, and Skills:
• Master’s degree in a related field.
• Staff experience in military, government or corporate enterprise and/or interagency experience.
• Experience with interdisciplinary technical teams.
• Nuclear power production or nuclear weapon experience.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.