Logistics and Procurement Lead (Contingent Hire)
Defense and Intelligence is actively seeking a Senior Logistics Manager for contingent work.
Scope of responsibilities includes, but is not limited to:
• Provide management oversight to logistics and procurement employees, monitor, maintain and replenish material inventory, determining urgency and procuring/expediting material as needed based on mission priorities.
• Oversee the status of projects and budgets; manages schedules and prepares status reports.
• Monitor the assessment of project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives.
• Lead, motivate, and develop department personnel to work as a productive team.
• Team with other functional areas within a matrixed organization for long term planning and support.
• Mange inventory dispensing parts in accordance with approved processes, receiving failed materials, and restocking excess ready-for-issue parts.
• Coordinate the shipment of properly prepared outgoing material in accordance with approved procedures.
• Conduct inspection and receipt of materials, including supplier information, conformance to applicable specifications, and segregation of conforming and non-conforming items.
• Maintain documentation and logistics databases, entering appropriate data in a timely manner, and completing required procedural documentation in accordance with established policies and procedures.
• Monitor facility cleanliness and storage.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Active TS/SCI with polygraph
• Bachelor s degree in a logistics, accounting, or leadership/management related discipline, or an Associate s degree and five or more years of professional related experience.
• Prior documented experience in inventory and controlled material management, forecasting, and procurement, and familiarity with warehousing operations.
• Strong communication and time management skills, with the ability to work well in a team environment.
• Prior experience using computer/network-based inventory management and job tracking systems.
• Must have and maintain a current state-endorsed driver s license