The Civil Health Group of Leidos is seeking a Sr Software Tester in Baltimore, MD to support the FDA MARCS contract.
The Mission Accomplishment and Regulatory Compliance Services (MARCS) program supports the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Office of Regulatory Affairs (ORA) critical work to safeguard the foods, drugs, devices, biologics, and veterinary products that the Agency regulates. The program is split into two investments (Systems for Inspections, Recalls, Compliance Enforcement (SIRCE) and Imports). Import Operations is one of the key functional areas within FDA. Headquarters and field staff utilize several systems to process entries of imported FDA-regulated commodities. Entry Review and the Operational and Administrative System for Import Support (OASIS) are the primary components used by field staff to perform entry review, record fieldwork results, and to make compliance and admissibility decisions. Predictive Risk-Based Evaluation and Dynamic Import Compliance Targeting (PREDICT) is utilized to perform risk-based screening of entries coming to FDA from Customs and Border Protection's (CBP) Automated Commercial System (ACS). Import Trade Auxiliary Communications System (ITACS) is utilized to allow the Import trade community to view and send updates for open entries stored in the OASIS database. Prior Notice Manager provides the staff of the Division of Food Defense Targeting (DFDT) with capabilities to review and process food imports subject to Prior Notice requirements.
• Influence User Story definitions to ensure they are clear and testable
• Execute System Integration and Test Activities
• Develop Test Approaches and Plans, focusing on automation and early identification of defects
• Coordinate and collaborate across Imports Product teams to optimize testing and align schedules
• Utilize test tools, including HP ALM, HP UFT, LoadRunner, SoapUI and others for planning, traceability, reporting, documentation, and metrics.
• Ensure test thoroughness through functional, regression, integration, performance, ad-hoc, 508 compliance, and other testing as needed.
• Focus on test improvements including automation and coverage, including error paths.
• Participate in the full software development lifecycle, working within broadly defined parameters
• Support creation and updating of all relevant documentation and maintenance of test cases/scripts as software changes
• Perform root cause analysis/lessons learned with the teams to continuously improve the quality of software delivered through test improvements. Use metrics to measure effectiveness of the test program.
• Support end of sprint demos, user acceptance testing, and solicit feedback from FDA on test artifacts and processes.
EDUCATION amp; EXPERIENCE: Typically requires BS degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience.
• Position requires US Citizen or US Person (Green Card Holder) with the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
. Four additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
• Systems engineering knowledge must include system requirements development or analysis (waterfall or agile), system design, and scenario-based engineering
• Experience developing integration or system-level documentation, developing operational scenarios, and writing test plans.
• Test experience must include performing testing with end customers to gain feedback, either through an agile process or acceptance testing prior to deployment. Both are preferred.
• Knowledge of test methodologies, service-oriented architecture and database-centric applications.
• Proven experience contributing to teams focused on success criteria, schedule milestones, and quality outcomes
• Experience writing test plans, approaches, and reports
• Experience with defect tracking and test case management tools
• Knowledge of automation testing
• A strong, self-motivated desire to continuously improve quality through optimization, automation, and innovation.
• Excellent written and verbal skills. Drives execution and improvement through continuous communication, probing questions, risk management, and recommendations when issues arise.
Requires US Citizen or US Person (Green Card Holder) with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
• Understanding of FDA’s EPLC Process.
• 508 Compliance Testing knowledge
• Experience with HP ALM, Subversion, HP UFT, JIRA
• Familiarity with Windows, LINUX, WebLogic, Oracle DB, PL/SQL, SoapUI
• Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, amp; PowerPoint).