The Network Operation Center Lead/Sr Systems Administrator Shift Lead supports the Decennial Systems of Systems hybrid cloud infrastructure and its applications. The Network Operation Center/Operations team is responsible for monitoring all infrastructure and systems, remediating incidents, coordinating escalations, running support bridges, providing customer service and performing all operations amp; maintenance activities of hybrid cloud resources.
Specific roles amp; responsibilities for the position include but not limited to the following:
- Must be US Citizen and able to obtain clearance
- This position supports the 1st shift
- Operate the duties of the NOC; work with the engineering teams to develop NOC specific SOP’s
- Manage, coordinate, track, audit, report, process, assign and work tickets daily and across shifts
- Manage, coordinate, implement and remediate security compliance amp; vulnerabilities
- Provide system and application diagnoses to remediate issues while engaging other teams as needed
- Provide compute resource system and application monitoring amp; remediation support
- Provide advanced system and application access management support
- Support and coordinate the implementation of middleware products, COTS, GOTS, and FOSS
- Serve as Tier 3 service desk escalation support to customers and application owners
- Provide and coordinate Tier 2 and 3 technical support to application teams
- Provide Tier 3 troubleshooting support for physical and virtual based server systems
- Provide Tier 3 troubleshooting support for desktops, laptops and other related hardware
- Provide Tier 3 troubleshooting support for Citrix VDI infrastructure and virtual desktops
- Provide troubleshooting support for MFP’s and printers (including device management amp; spooling)
- Develop/review SOP’s and other documentation for use within the operations team
- Perform tasks based on SOP’s to perform system and application changes as required
- Increase day-to-day operational efficiency and accuracy via the use of automated tools and scripts
- Develop new operational dashboards using available tools (Splunk, SolarWinds, etc.)
- Provide daily infrastructure analysis reports
- In partnership with Operations leads, coordinate and manage NOC/SA staff schedules
- Coach, mentor and train staff
- Mandatory hands-on position requirements:
- BS Degree and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of experience.
- Experience managing Microsoft Windows 2012 R2 in a medium/large (1000+ systems) domain env.
- Day-to-day fluency using Microsoft Active Directory to manage policies amp; user objects
- Experience deploying, troubleshooting, administering and using Microsoft Windows 2012 R2
- Experience managing, troubleshooting and administering VMware 5.5+ (vCenter/vSphere/vRealize)
- Proficient at scripting using at least two languages: bash, sh, powershell, python, ruby, etc.
- Experience using NOC tools such as SolarWinds, AppDynamics, VMware VROps and/or Splunk
- Knowledge of security policies and general vulnerabilities management
- Expert infrastructure/system/application troubleshooting abilities
- Managed a minimum team size of 10 systems administrators/NOC agents and other team leads
- ITSM products (i.e. Remedy or ServiceNow) CRQ/WO/INC/KMS management
Soft Skills and abilities:
- Experience deploying, troubleshooting, administering and using Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.x
- Proficient with Kerberos/Pam for RHEL integration into Microsoft Active Directory
- Experience automating or orchestrating the provisioning of new services
- Experience with Amazon Web Services GovCloud (AWS) (EC2, S3, Snaps, Cloudwatch, etc.)
- Knowledge of Citrix VDI, Oracle RDBMS/RDS, Weblogic, Tomcat, IIS, etc.
- Knowledge of configuration and auto deployment tools (Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc.)
- VMware Software Defined Network (SDN) NSX proficiency
- Familiarity with source and artifact control, configuration and knowledge management
- Knowledge of NIST Information Security Guidelines and FISMA Compliance standards
- Relevant knowledge of current and emerging technologies
- Proficient in developing infrastructure-as-a-code solutions for continuous deployment
- Experienced in supporting project teams in all phases of SDLC
- Enterprise helpdesk/service desk experience
- Experience in large scale migrations of enterprise applications
- Experience supporting hyperconverged and converged infrastructure systems
- Proficient in supporting recoverability and continuity of business operations
- Ability to develop advanced Excel spreadsheets using pivots and VBA macros
- Organizational Skills: Can plan and prioritize work, both their own and that of project team. Follows tasks to their logical conclusion and makes sure that everything has been done to the right standard. Good attention to detail.
- Team Work: Comfortable working both individually and as part of a team. Prepared to challenge ideas within a group in a constructive way. Ability to influence others and move a proposal effort toward a common vision or goal.
- Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently to team members and clients, verbally and in writing. Able to present ideas in a variety of ways depending upon audience and context. Excellent active listening skills. Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel, elected officials, executive leadership, senior management, users, vendors and subcontractor personnel.
- Problem Solving: Natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics. Ability to analyze problems and determine root cause, generating alternatives, evaluating and selecting alternatives and implementing solutions.
- Results oriented: Able to drive things forward regardless of personal interest in the task.
- Education and experience:
- 8+ years of continuous and progressive hands-on experience with a Masters in Computer Science or related field.
- ITIL v3.0 or Foundation Certifications highly recommended.
- Microsoft and/or Red Hat certifications highly desired.
- Ability to quickly self-learn new products.
- Comfortable in a fast pace work environment.
- Splunk training and certifications offered and must completed within 90 days of team onboarding. Shift work and travel:
- Shift hours are: 1st: 7 AM – 4 PM; 2nd: 3 PM – 12 AM; 3rd: 11 PM – 8 AM
- Shift: 4 week rotation (5 ON/2 OFF), M-F, T-S, W-S, T-M, W-T, etc..
- Must have flexibility in shift hours (as NOC lead, flexibility is required).
- Must be available for on-call support as required.
- Ability to commute as required to 2 work locations: Greenbelt, MD and Bowie, MD.
- No telework available.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.