The Tier 2 Service Desk Agent will support the Tier 3 NOC/Service Desk staff supporting the Decennial Systems of Systems hybrid cloud infrastructure and its applications. The position will be responsible for monitoring and responding to incidents, escalations, customer service, coordination of all customer related activities including troubleshooting calls and scheduling of operations amp; maintenance activities. The Tier 3 Service Desk provides escalation support from Tier 1 amp; Tier 2 Decennial Service Centers. A key duty will be to supplement and enhance the KMS in order to reduce future escalations.
- Must be US Citizen and able to obtain clearance
- This position supports the 2nd shift Specific roles amp; responsibilities for the position include but not limited to the following:
- Manage, track, report, process and assign tickets daily and across shifts.
- Responsible for opening, tracking and closing tickets.
- Define and classify level, priority and nature of problem, request and/or issue.
- Evaluate and prioritize incoming telephone, voice mail, e-mail, and in-person requests.
- Actively manage incident tickets and provide status updates on each ticket per SLA.
- Collect information about incidents and problems to evaluate root causes. Report information and make recommendations to the Service Desk Manager, Operations Manager and other stakeholders.
- Work with customers to collect information about problems and lead customers through diagnostic procedures to determine the source issue.
- Troubleshoot to determine problems for operating systems, applications, network, or mobile issues.
- Ability to craft technical and professionally written outage notifications and updates to incident stakeholders.
- Provide system and application diagnoses to remediate issues while engaging other teams as needed.
- Serve as service desk escalation support to customers, systems and application owners.
- Support the development of KB articles for the all service desks agents.
- Requires a BS Degree and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience OR Masters with 2-6 years of prior relevant experience.
- ITSM products (i.e. Remedy) CRQ/WO/INC/KMS management.<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
· Extensive infrastructure and application support experience using Remedy or other ticketing and incident management systems.
· Excellent written and communication skills required; excellent customer service aptitude.
· Must be available for on-call support as required.
· Ability to troubleshoot, administer and support Microsoft Windows 2012 R2.
· Ability to troubleshoot, administer and support Microsoft Windows Enteprise 7 amp; 10.
· Experience managing Microsoft Windows 2012 R2 in a medium/large (500+ systems) domain env.
· Experience troubleshooting, administering and using Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.x.
· Day-to-day fluency using Microsoft Active Directory to manage policies amp; user objects.
· General knowledge of security policies and general vulnerabilities management.
Soft Skills and Abilities:
· Organizational Skills: Can plan and prioritize work, both their own and that of project team. Follows tasks to their logical conclusion and makes sure that everything has been done to the right standard. Good attention to detail.
· Team Work: Comfortable working both individually and as part of a team. Prepared to challenge ideas within a group in a constructive way. Ability to influence others and move a proposal effort toward a common vision or goal.
· Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently to team members and clients, verbally and in writing. Able to present ideas in a variety of ways depending upon audience and context. Excellent active listening skills. Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel, elected officials, executive leadership, senior management, users, vendors and subcontractor personnel.
· Problem Solving: Natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics. Ability to analyze problems and determine root cause, generating alternatives, evaluating and selecting alternatives and implementing solutions.
· Results oriented: Able to drive things forward regardless of personal interest in the task.
Education and Experience:
· 5+ years of experience with a Bachelors in Computer Science or related field.
· Microsoft or Red Hat Certifications highly recommended.
· Ability to quickly self-learn new products.
· Comfortable in a fast pace work environment.
Shift Work and Travel:
· Shift: 4 week rotation (5 ON/2 OFF), 1:30 PM ET – 10:30 PM ET / (M-F, T-S, W-S, T-M, W-T, etc..)
· Must be available for on-call support as required.
· Work location: Greenbelt, MD.
· No telework available.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.