Visual Training Simulation Deputy Technical Program Manager<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
Leidos currently has an immediate opening for a technically oriented, hands-on, Deputy Technical Program Manager, supporting multiple US Navy programs located in Bethesda, MD. Leidos’ High Fidelity Simulation Business Area is responsible for architecting and implementing large-scale System of Systems solutions in support of world class simulation, training, and analysis products for the US Navy. We are looking for an energetic, motivated, independent, self-starter for a challenging position supporting programs that develop and produce state of the art visual training systems. Career advancement possibilities are limited only by your desire. If you have the ambition, we have the position. This position requires US citizenship and the ability to obtain DoD interim Secret clearance prior to starting. An active clearance is preferred.
Candidate will be part of a team developing three dimensional graphics systems including a submarine periscope simulation, a submarine bridge simulation, and a ship weapons simulation. These graphics simulations support high fidelity signature trainers for naval fleet personnel learning to operate ships, submarines, air and shore-based undersea systems. This position requires the candidate to become familiar with the functionality, operations, and development of these simulation systems. Candidate’s responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
· Assessing and specifying improvements to existing visual fidelity and specifying new approaches to improve visual fidelity and quality
· Assessing the realism of the simulation view
· Testing the simulations and ensuring that end products meet all applicable requirements
· Tracking customer requirements
· Generating schedules and monitoring team progress against schedules and budgets
· Helping to coordinate tasking and resources across multiple projects
· Responding to issues raised by customers and product end users
· Preparing cost and schedule estimates for proposals for new work.
Travel may be required for approximately 5% - 10% of the job.
Leidos is the prime contractor supporting the Naval Surface Warfare Center, Carderock, for training and tactical decision aids systems used throughout the US Navy supporting submarines, surface ships, surveillance SONAR systems as well as a number of Command and Control (C2) ASW systems.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: <?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
· Bachelor of Science degree is required, in engineering, computer science, or related technical degree. Additional technical education, as well as continuing education in these fields is also desirable.
· US citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD interim Secret clearance prior to starting.
Required Experience and Skills:
· Must have 5+ years of science or engineering experience, preferably related to Navy systems.
· Must be familiar with visual simulations and have the ability to assess and improve those simulations
· Must be comfortable working directly with software developers and conducting software testing.
· Must demonstrate a commitment to excellence, a dedication to producing quality work results, and an ability to learn and apply new skills. Must be committed to customer service, well organized, able to plan and prioritize assignments, and able to effectively handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Must be able to work with minimal supervision and work well under deadlines.
· Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, be courteous and professional when interacting with colleagues and customers, demonstrate a solid ability to identify and solve problems, and be able to work successfully in a team environment.
· Must demonstrate proven experience with project management and must be proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project).
· Must be eligible to obtain a DoD Secret level clearance prior to starting and will be subject to a government security investigation. Active security clearance preferred
· Programming, software engineering, system, engineering, or 3D modeling experience is preferable.
· Submarine or surface ship tactical systems experience.
· Junior officer or engineering experience with VIRGINIA or SSGN class submarines, submarine Navigation, and Electronic Warfare.
· Experience with Linux and programming languages (e.g., C, C++, Java).
Leidos is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, engineering, and health. For more information visit www.leidos.com.