Leidos is seeking an entry level System Engineer
who will be a member of a dynamic team working on the Federal Aviation Administration’s En-Route Automation Modernization (ERAM) technology, which is the heart of the Next Generation Air Transportation System and the pulse of the National Airspace System helping to advance our transition from a ground-based system of air traffic control to a satellite-based system of air traffic management.
The position is within the ESSC/ERIDS Support Department for development and maintenance of the ERIDS and ESSC Systems.
The department's mission is to provide system engineering, software development, maintenance, test, user, and system support on the behalf of the FAA.
Position requires continual customer contact with good "people skills" a must.
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Responsibilities:
Working both as a member of a team and independently the successful candidate will:
- Modernize the ERIDS and ESSC development environment and infrastructure.
- Provide the engineering expertise to operate in a Leidos and FAA controlled development environment.
- Work with Leidos and FAA personnel to support the operations of the 20 ARTCCs.
- Be able to support local and remote customer's System support needs.
- Work with other Leidos organizations to maintain and enhance existing systems.
- Provide the support needed for system engineering and software development functional organizations.
- Articulate user needs and requirements and transform into high level designs
- To develop and implement system test and verification procedures.
Tasks include working with FAA organizations to maintain compliance with security standards and compliance directives.
The individual must be able to demonstrate the ability to balance user and functional requirements in an ever changing environment.
The individual must also be able to perform system verification and validation activities on FAA programs, supporting the system developers and test personnel.Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline.
· Ability to apply System Engineering principles/process
· Knowledge of the Systems Engineering lifecycle.
· Ability to develop, document, and verify A/B Level requirements
· Ability to develop and document overall System Level design, function, and performance criteria
· Ability to develop prototypes for suggested/recommended solutions
· Ability to debug and correct system level problems and issues.
· Experience in use of the UNIX and Linux operating systems.
· Strong communication skills to interface with internal and external customers.
· FAA air traffic domain and program knowledge.
· UNIX/Solaris/AIX knowledge.
· Windows and Linux server knowledge and skills.
· Windows/Linux network skills
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.