As the largest provider of IT services to the U.S. Government, Leidos develops and sustains large data and technology infrastructures and integrates complex IT systems for almost every branch of the U.S. Government. Leidos currently has a number of positions supporting the Department Of Defense Automated Biometric Identification System (DoD ABIS) Sustainment Services And Service Life Extension program.
DoD ABIS is an information technology system that supports identity superiority by providing the critical capability for warfighters to identify known or suspected terrorists and third country nationals in the course of military operations. DoD ABIS is the authoritative biometrics enterprise system that provides matching, sharing and storing of biometrics data. The capability can receive multi-modal biometrics submissions to include iris, face, palm and finger prints from biometrics collection devices, which will support the warfighter in making, retain, capture, or release decisions. By providing access and responding to requests the system has a direct impact on the availability of critical intelligence information that is of vital interest to DoD and other government agencies.
Leidos has a current job opening for Senior Linux Systems Engineer in Fairmont, WV supporting the DOD ABIS Sustainment and Services contract. This five year program will provide operations, maintenance, software sustainment services and hardware procurement services, and associated support for all devices associated with the DoD ABIS system. These services shall focus on supporting the Warfighter needs by sustaining adequate support functions.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: (list daily duties and/or specific job responsibilities)
Senior Linux administrator responsible for the operations and maintenance, patching and upgrades of all Linux based systems on the current and future Operations, Disaster Recovery and Non-Production Environments.
Provides technical leadership on major tasks or technology assignments. Establishes goals and plans that meet project objectives. Has domain and expert technical knowledge. Directs and controls activities for a client, having overall responsibility ensuring that technical requirements are met. Decision making and domain knowledge may have a critical impact on overall project implementation.
• Formulates/defines system scope and objectives.
• Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results.
• Prepares detailed specifications for programs. Assists in the design, development, testing, implementation, and documentation of new software and enhancements of existing systems.
• Works with project managers, developers, and end users to ensure application designs meet business requirements.
• Formulates/defines specifications for complex operating programming applications or modifies/maintains complex existing applications using engineering releases and utilities from the manufacturer.
• Designs, codes, tests, debugs, and documents those programs.
• Provides overall operating system, such as sophisticated file maintenance routines, large telecommunications networks, computer accounting, and advanced mathematical/scientific software packages.
• Evaluates new and existing software products for monitoring systems.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS: (list the “must have” requirements to be considered )
Subject Matter Expert in Red Hat Linux, Version 6 or greater
Familiar with large scale operational environments (patching, monitoring of CPU’s, memory, disk utilization)
Act as a mentor or assist junior level System Administrators in understanding ABIS Linux/VOM processes
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: (list additional “pluses or nice to have” skills/experience)
Experience with DOD DISA STIG and Patching processes
Experience with Veritas Clustering or Storage Foundation
Experience with Red Hat Open Stack, Open Shift Technologies
Prior DoD ABIS, IAFIS, Biometrics or related experience is a definite plus.
LeadGen<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />