The Leidos public health intern will work with Leidos on a public health project of importance to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Example of assignments would entail: – Designing an analysis plan and conducting analysis of quantitative and qualitative data – Program evaluation and needs assessment of public health programs, public health informatics and surveillance in local, state, national or international programs – Conducting literature reviews on effectiveness of public health strategies, methods, and tools for public health professionals – Preparing reports and presentations of program data findings and recommendations. There will be one didactic seminar per week, in addition to meetings and seminars at CDC. – Bi-weekly progress reports are required on project progress.
This paid internship is full-time for a minimum of 8 weeks or maximum of 12 weeks during the summer depending on interns’ availability and assignment. The intern will receive a monthly stipend depending on educational level and experience. The Leidos public health intern will be mentored by Leidos public health professionals. Qualifications:
- Experience or concentration in at least one of the following areas: Public Health, Health Policy, Health Promotion, Statistics, Biostatistics, BioInformatics and Epidemiology
- Candidate must be proficient in MS Office Software and SAS
- Experience using R, and/or SUDAAN a plus
- Good organizational skills and works well under deadlines
– Applicants should have a keen interest in careers in public health and in developing strong public health analytic and evaluation skills.
- Applicants must:Be a US citizen or permanent resident
– Hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited academic institution
– Currently pursuing or recently graduated from an accredited school of public health or closely related discipline;
– Students in an ACGME or AOA accredited graduate medical program with an interest in infectious disease or epidemiology are also eligible
– Submit an official transcript
– Submit two letters of recommendation
– Pass a background check for CDC clearance
– Access to transportation
– Health Insurance
– Be willing to relocate to Atlanta, GA at own expense.Leidos Overview:
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.