Description: JOB SUMMARY:
Defines, documents, analyzes, performs, and interprets developmental tests for new and/or modified products or product components. Investigates and resolves operational problems in conjunction with other engineering and technical personnel. Provides technical support and advice to other engineering groups. Guides and directs lower level personnel on the set-up and performance of tests. Participates in the development, maintenance and refinement of internal quality control and reliability programs. The successful candidate will have experience with the full software development lifecycle (SDLC) using the waterfall methodology and have demonstrable skills executing engineering processes to include requirements gathering, planning, design, build, test, delivery, and integration. The Software Test Engineer will be a key member of a software engineering team sustaining the Biometrics Automated Toolset-Army (BAT-A), which is finding increased use among intelligence data with law enforcement and immigration agencies. The successful candidate will develop test procedures (including developing of test cases that prove established requirements); execution of the procedures; and document the results. The test engineer will perform these activities both independently and as part of a larger test team. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform requirements analysis and apply technical knowledge to create test cases and contribute to test plans
- Configure laptop, server, and handheld systems IAW documented instructions
- Execute test procedures and document results
- Enter defects into tracking tool
- Integrate the whole picture, including Functional, Integration, System, and Regression testing phases
- Execute acceptance test in presence of stakeholders
External Referral EligibleQualifications:BASIC QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in computer science, software engineering, information systems, a physical science, engineering or a mathematics-intensive discipline with 5 years of software engineering experience with the software development lifecycle.
- 4 years of relevant experience may be used in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Demonstrated experience with SDLC
- Experience with Software Development Management Tools
US Citizenship with adjudicated Secret security clearance.
- Skills using Software Operating Systems including Windows and Relational Database Management Systems
- Experience with biometrics systems
- Experience with JIRA
- Experience with automated testing tools (such as HP ALM and Quality Center)
- Experience with executing acceptance tests in stakeholder presence
- Experience with Biometrics algorithms, and biometric matching, collection and storing techniques
Detail oriented, possess good verbal and written communications skills, and a self-starter.Leidos Overview:
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.