Leidos is seeking a Field Engineer to support a program in Northern Virginia. 50-60% OCONUS Travel is required in this position.
The Field Engineer will deploy, install, and maintain a high-profile system that is deployed in over 150 locations worldwide. This is a fast-paced program that requires someone who works well in a dynamic environment. Position requires travel to war zones and other locations.
The Field Engineer represents the program and its Customer on OCONUS deployments. The Field Engineer is responsible for procedural input to the planning, preparation, and execution of all TDY missions. Duties include, but are not limited to: preparation of the hardware suite to include the initial integration of the peripherals and the loading of the baseline software; configuring and optimizing the system to the specifications of the host nation; providing on-the-job training to host nation personnel; providing feedback to the Customer and Engineering staff on the performance of the fielded system and recommended improvements; providing subject matter expertise to the engineering staff during the System Development Life Cycle leading up to the deployment of a new baseline; providing onsite analysis when problems occur outside the normal operations during deployment and provide input to the Engineering and Operations and Maintenance staff to resolve system anomalies; providing input/support to Operations and Maintenance activities when not actively involved in deployment activities. Works as a team lead in a forward area when the situation requires. Responsible for the technical direction, leadership, and training of less experienced staff. Must have the ability to complete complex assignments without direction and direct those engineers that are more junior. Ensures that systems are implemented in a very tight time frame and within budget. Work performed is time and mission critical.
• Must possess an active SECRET clearance
• Possess a Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in an appropriate technical field or 12+ years of general engineering experience
• Possess a good understanding of the system development life cycle
• Must have 3 years experience in general engineering or IT disciplines
• Must have 3 years of experience in Unix/Linux Shell Scripting (Bash, C-Shell, Korn Shell)
• Must have familiarity with SQL syntax and query logic
• Successful candidate must be willing and able to lift 50 pounds