The Segment Infrastructure Engineer will work with the infrastructure leads for the Department of Commerce to determine non-functional requirements to support the 2020 Decennial Census. The Segment Infrastructure Engineer will work closely with assessment teams to ensure that the design and implementation of the infrastructure will support the performance requirements of the 2020 Census. This individual will document the required architecture and interface with the USCB regularly. Responsibilities:
- Lead the development of Infrastructure Documentation to meet government requirements such as but not limited to:
- Concept of Infrastructure Design and Operations
- Infrastructure Architecture and Roadmap
- Physical Design Specifications
- Capture Infrastructure requirements.
- Assist with creating cloud migration strategies; defining delivery architecture, creating the migration plans, designing the orchestration plans, etc.
- Lead team to support the documentation of the Infrastructure to meet specific segment non-functional requirements
- Work closely with Application Assessment teams to ensure that the Infrastructure design can support segment specific Decennial 2018 test and 2020 production requirements
- Act as liaison to support teams and client during design of Data Center capability
- Use troubleshooting experience and work closely with operations, support, engineering and/or other functions to ensure successful segment level Data Center capability requirement identification and design.
- Requires a BS Degree and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience.
- 5+ years of experience supporting infrastructure development for emerging software development programs
- Experience with private, hybrid or public cloud technology
- Experience with Virtualization Technologies
- Detail oriented self-starter capable of working independently.
- Ability to perform infrastructure discovery and assessments working with Architecture team
- Demonstrated understanding of Data Center Operations (Production operations, Server, Storage, Network, Data Base Management, Systems Management, Helpdesk, DR/Business recovery practices)
- Familiarity with functional operations of server, storage, and network functions.
- Knowledge of storage Platform Technologies (SAN/NAS) including Hardware amp; Software (EMC/NetApp/Sun/IBM/HP etc.)
- 5+ years of experience analyzing and documenting environment requirements, design, and concept of operations
- Team Work: Able to enthuse and maintain team interest. Comfortable working both individually and as part of a team. Prepared to challenge ideas within a group in a constructive way. Ability to influence others and move a team toward a common vision or goal.
- Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently to team members and clients, verbally and in writing. Able to present ideas in a variety of ways depending upon audience and context. Excellent active listening skills.
- Quantitative Management: Ability to determine process measures and track to determine process effectiveness and efficiency.
- Problem Solving: Natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics. Ability to analyze problems and determine root cause, generating alternatives, evaluating and selecting alternatives and implementing solutions.
- Results oriented: Able to drive things forward regardless of personal interest in the task
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.