Leidos currently has a career opening for an Associate Electrical Engineer to work in our Dayton, Ohio office.
The Advanced Solutions Group supports the USAF and other customers providing unique ISR system design, fabrication and evaluation to meet current and emerging requirements. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the USAF mission and support the AFRL SAIT program. The SAIT program directly supports ongoing technical and operational efforts as they relate to sensor systems; space sensor programs; multi-intelligence–related programs; ISR; and homeland defense. SAIT was established to provide operational and technical analysis to determine which technology concepts offer optimal performance in realistic Air Force missions. The program is designed to support a wide scope of activities allowing for the initial assessment of emerging sensors and systems through flight testing and transition planning. Some travel required.
- Support of ISR Systems integration against various applications, ground based, podded, and on aircraft.
- Design, document, procure and fabricate system installation schema and interconnecting cabling.
- Support flight test, data collection and perform flight line operations.
- Ability to work independently and as part of an engineering team.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2 -4 years of related experience. Additional years experience may be used in lieu of a degree.
- AAS Electrical Technology or Electrical Engineering background.
- Familiar with Data communication protocols, RS422/485, Ethernet, MIL 1553.
- Experience with flight line operations and protocols.
- Familiar with common test equipment.
- Familiar with MS/Visio, ORCAD, MS Office.
- Must have a Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI Security Clearance.
- Familiarity with imagery and signals analysis, ISR payloads, and aircraft systems.
- Experience with Server and PC Integration.
- Experience with RF voice and data communications hardware.
External Referral EligibleLeidos Overview:
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.