This position provides support for the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Power Services Group under the National Air-Space Implementation Support Contract (NISC III) with respect to power engineering for the Power Services Group (PSG). The successful candidate will:
- Provide power engineering systems consultation and technical support in the analysis and justification of the PSG’s funding requirements
- Conduct research and evaluations for PSG on both a technical and strategic planning level resulting in recommendations/solutions related to short and long-term program planning requirements
- Assist with planning, scheduling, networking and coordination among all regional and headquarters’ organizations involving PSG implementation and integration efforts and related monitoring/tracking programs
- Represent PSG to define requirements and build business cases for executive level consumption
- Prepare and submit briefings for upper management reviews, Executive Council Reviews, OMB 300 preparation, and major acquisition reviews and strategic planning support.
Typical education and experience:
- Typically requires a BA degree and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience with business case analysis.
- Risk mitigation experience
- Extensive experience in coordinating multiple strategic and tactical activities across several projects simultaneously is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong command of MS Word, PowerPoint, Share Point, and Excel including vlookups and pivot tables
- FAA familiarity and experience, preferably a current FAA employee or contractor.
- Familiarity with FAA budget cycle formulation, justification and execution, and experience with OMB, White Sheet development, Resource Planning Documents, Project Level Agreements, CIP and CIT Reviews is preferred.
- Experience pulling reports, performing analysis and developing recommendations with data sourced from FAA systems including: CWP, PRISM, Delphi, Primavera and/or other FAA Systems is ideal.
Knowledge of FAA Work breakdown Structure, FAA Acquisition Management System (or DoD), Primavera, other schedule/EVM software tools are desired.
- Knowledge of current FAA systems, technical policies, standards and orders.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.