The Defense amp; Intelligence Group of Leidos is seeking a Systems Administrator to support the conference center under the Information Technology Enterprise Management Contract within the National Geospatial Intelligence Agency. This position is located in Springfield, VA.
The System Administrator (SA) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related ITEMS UFS infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling mission success.Primary Responsibility:
Key member of a team responsible in providing 3rd level application and system support in order to manage Workstation Image and Application Packaging services, solutions and support project work across a broad spectrum of imaging and packaging technologies. Primarily SCCM, MSI and MDT.Specific Functions:
Perform the following functions as individual assignments or as part of a team:
• Expertise experience with implementation of a product rollout for multi- agency/division/department, working with stakeholders, users and vendors, with multiple facets (e.g. Department deployment and migration planning including hardware, software, Software as a Service, testing, training, communication, work team meetings).
• Plan, Consult and Monitor all project related activities to meet aggressive schedule
• Gather, analyze and create rollout plans based on stakeholder’s readiness and availability.
• Plan, manage and facilitate meetings to develop a rollout schedule and plan collaboratively with the stakeholders.
• Carry out specialist technical and/or engineering activities in a professional manner in support of project and company objectives
• Carry out complex software packaging and O/S imaging assignments requiring familiarity and expertise with a broad field of engineering and technical knowledge
• Carry out and/or lead varied software packaging assignments requiring familiarity and expertise with a broad field of engineering and knowledge, which may include:
• Supervise and support Engineering staff as required
• Interfacing with the customer and system operators
• Perform System Testing, Deployment and training
• Work within the boundaries of company policies and procedures
• Prepare for and participate in mandated engineering reviews, including review of subcontractor involvement
• Participate in Continuous Quality Improvement initiatives
• Other duties as requiredExperience
Coupled with your education and practical experience, you will demonstrate a ‘can-do’, pro-active, approach with the ability to understand the business, identify issues and develop relationships to achieve Leidos objectives.
• Professional experience within the relevant technologies and domains
• Professional experience in object oriented design and development methodologies
• Professional experience in the software lifecycle, to a documented process using standard methods and techniques/tools
• Demonstrated ability to consistently produce excellent results in a complex environment
• Demonstrated ability in providing direction and coordination to a team of professionals
• Knowledge of computer security procedures and protocols
• Competent imaging amp; packaging using thick (MSI) amp; thin (XenApp, ThinApp amp; App-V) distributions
• Packaging for VDI environments
• Advanced knowledge of MDT and SCCM/Configuration Manager
• Experience with MDOP and client virtualization technologies
• Intermediate knowledge of Windows Client Imaging and Deployment
• PowerShell automation leveraging WMI• VBScript automation
• Developing/maintaining Custom MOF files
• Some WQL – Windows Query language experienceUFS