Are you ready for your next mission? Interested in working in another country? If so, then consider Leidos! Our Defense amp; Intelligence Group has an immediate opening for a Field Service Technician in Darmstadt/Wiesbaden, Germany.
The Field Service Technician position is in support of the G2 Army MI Enterprise contact, which provides Tier I and II support at remote field and garrison sites. Support includes at a minimum: the management and support of Incident Tickets, Service Requests, Change Requests, and VTC scheduling, maintenance, and management of all VTC infrastructure.
What you'll be responsible for:
- Provide Tier I/Tier II contact and incident resolution to customers with hardware, software, and application problems.
- Perform desktop installation and basic cabling.
- Fill desktop system management responsibilities involving account monitoring, security, OS installation, and other local area system administration related functions.
- Perform systems administration of desktop and server systems connected to LANs and WANs.
- Document incident resolution procedures and standard operating procedures.
- Maintain documentation of incident status in incident database tools.
- Contribute to the integrity of the operating systems, planning for and responding to service outages and other problems, and the development of operating scripts as needed to support activities.
- Participate in organizations change management process.
- Analyze and resolve network, hardware, and software problems.
- Scheduling, monitoring, maintenance, site creation, and site management of all VTC Infrastructure Operations for secure (SIPR/JWICs) and non-secure (NIPR) sites.
- Schedule and establish VTCs and conduct routine operational tests and fault isolation on VTC electronic systems and equipment.
- Update firmware and software of all equipment to ensure all IA certifications of equipment and sites are up to date per DoD requirements.
- Optimize system operation and resource utilization.
- Build a ‘ground up’ VTC site in a secure environment.
- Provide assistance to users in accessing and using systems.
- Maintain and operate a wide variety of VTC equipment to include cameras, microphones, audio and video playback, recording, and duplication devices.
- Continuously monitor all component equipment and takes the appropriate corrective action for restoration to operational readiness.
- Take full ownership of performance based tasking.
- Provide polite and friendly customer service.
What qualifications you'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree with 3+ years of related technical experience. An Associate's degree or High School diploma/equivalent and 5+ years of experience is accepted in lieu of a Bachelor's degree.
- Large Enterprise-level IT experience in supporting multiple Operating Systems and environments.
- Experience with BMC Remedy IT Service Management software.
- Current DoD 8570.01 IAT II baseline certification, CompTIA Security+ ce or higher.
- Computing environment certification relative to the position: Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) in Windows 7 or higher.
- Specific experience with secure VTC equipment operation.
- Currently possess an active DoD TS/SCI security clearance.
- Ability to obtain Technical Expert Status Accreditation (TESA) approval for work in Germany.
Our preferred skills and/or experience:
- Experience with Microsoft System Center Service Manager (SCSM) ticket system.
- Currently possess any of the following: Cisco Video Network Specialist, Cisco TelePresence Solutions Specialist, ITIL V3, and/or other relevant certification.
- Familiarity with DoD VTC regulations.
- Experience working with demanding, high ranking customers and their
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.