Leidos has a job opportunity for a Proteomic Research Scientist / Post Doctoral –Proteomics Professional. This position is located at Aberdeen Proving Ground-Edgewood Area, Edgewood, MD.
The threat of chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear (CBRN) agents pose serious challenges to homeland security as well as to military operations worldwide. Leidos is seeking a research scientist to support our customer, the Edgewood Chemical Biological Center (ECBC) Research and Technology Directorate (R amp;T) BioDefense Branch in basic and applied CBRN research efforts. Responsibilities and duties will include complete characterization, including elucidation of molecular toxicology of materials, and assisting in the development of effective detection, diagnostic, and medical defenses mechanisms for CBRN threat agents. While much is known about the most serious and acute effects of these agents, very little is known about how these challenges affect the organism as a whole. Research efforts will assist in defining and understanding complex interactions and will assist in providing novel insights essential for the development of new therapeutic, diagnostic, and detection strategies. This research opportunity involves the use of modern proteomic mass spectrometry to elucidate the complex molecular and systemic toxic responses of chemical and biological materials at the molecular level. Successful candidates are expected to work independently on large complex projects/assignments performing proteomic analyses and are responsible for addressing technical issues/problems using internal best practice and through collaboration with colleagues.
• Functions as a team member with other scientists in supporting basic and applied chemical and biological research efforts for Gov’t sponsored projects
• Performs work independently with minimal oversight
• Performs mass spectrometry proteomic studies/analyses, to include sample preparation and analyses
• Performs work effort in support of BSL-1, BSL-2, and potentially BSL-3 facilities
• Performs computational biological studies
• Executes standing operating procedures and performs work activities in a safe manner
• Performs work with toxic materials which includes bio-threat agents.
• Reports to on-site Leidos team lead and represents Leidos as prime contractor for the Edgewood Chemical and Biological Center
• Performs other duties assigned