Leidos is seeking PC Technicians/Help Desk Support in multiple, nationwide locations:
- Albuquerque, NM
- Alexandria, VA
- Anchorage, AK
- Baltimore, MD
- Buffalo, NY
- Champaign, IL
- Charleston, SC
- Cincinnati, OH
- Concord, MA
- Detroit, MI
- Fort Worth, TX
- Huntington, WV
- Huntsville, AL
- Jacksonville, FL
- Kansas City, MO
- Little Rock, AR
- Los Angeles, CA
- Louisville, KY
- Memphis, TN
- Mobile, AL
- Nashville, TN
- New Orleans, LA
- New York, NY
- Norfolk, VA
- Omaha, NE
- Philadelphia, PA
- Pittsburgh, PA
- Portland, OR
- Rock Island, IL
- Sacramento, CA
- Saint Louis, MO
- Saint Paul, MN
- Savannah, GA
- Seattle, WA
- Tulsa, OK
- Vicksburg, MS
- Walla Walla, WA
These positions support will the US Army Corps of Engineers ACE-IT Program. Under direct supervision, provides support to end-users for PC, server or mainframe applications, and hardware. May interact with network services, software systems engineering and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problems. Simulates or recreates user problems to resolve operating difficulties. Recommends systems modifications to reduce user problems. Refers more complex problems to intermediate and/or senior level.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Support responsibilities include software installation, and configurations. The Helpdesk Specialist performs technical, operational, and training support to users of personal computers either by telephone, or on-site for PC desktop hardware and software packages. Job duties require the technician to install and test personal computers, printers, and other peripherals, configure operating system, load shrink-wrap programs and other application software programs. In this position, the candidate troubleshoots printer, computer, and peripheral incidents, performs hardware and software diagnostics, coordinates needed repairs, resolves computer system problems, including coordination between users and components of a local area network, and participates in the evaluation of system configuration and software.Qualifications:REQUIREMENTS:
* High School Diploma or equivalent* 2+ years of applicable work experience
* Current DoD 8570 IA Baseline Certification, IAT Level I (examples include: A+ CE, Network+ CE, SSCP, CCNA-Security certifications)
* Must be able obtain appropriate DoD 8570 IA Computing Environment Certification within 6 months of employment
* Interim Secret Clearance required prior to start
* Experience supporting Windows 7, Windows 10, and MS Office 2013.
* Experience using Remedy or a similar ticketing system.
* Strong analytical and follow through skills.
* Strong verbal and written communications skills.
* Ability to coordinate and get cooperation from multiple areas within IT to accomplish assignments.
* Ability to work well independently on defined tasks.
* Ability to work well as part of a team.DESIRED:
* Experience maintaining Lexmark, HP, or Ricoh printer devices (i.e. installing maintenance kits)
* Prior USACE/ACE-IT experience
* Experience working in a DoD environment
* Experience supporting Office 365Leidos Overview:
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.