Leidos is seeking senior-level PC Technicians/Help Desk Support in multiple, nationwide locations:
• Charleston, SC
• Chicago, IL
• Hanover, NH
• Honolulu, HI
• Millington, TN
• New York, NY
• Norfolk, VA
• Washington, DC
These positions will support the US Army Corps of Engineers ACE-IT Program. Provides second-tier support to end-users for PC, server, mainframe applications, and hardware. Handles problems that the first-tier of help desk support is unable to resolve. May interact with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problem. Simulates or recreates user problems to resolve operating difficulties. Recommends systems modifications to reduce user problems. Maintains currency and highest level of technical skill in field of expertise.
Support responsibilities include software installation, and configurations. The Helpdesk Specialist performs technical, operational, and training support to users of personal computers either by telephone, or on-site for PC desktop hardware and software packages. Job duties require the technician to install and test personal computers, printers, and other peripherals, configure operating system, load shrink-wrap programs and other application software programs. In this position, the candidate troubleshoots printer, computer, and peripheral incidents, performs hardware and software diagnostics, coordinates needed repairs, resolves computer system problems, including coordination between users and components of a local area network, and participates in the evaluation of system configuration and software. Point of contact for Tier 3 support and escalations.
* Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education
* 4+ years of professional, applicable experience
* Current DoD 8570 IA Baseline Certification, IAT Level I (examples: A+ CE, Network+ CE, SSCP, CCNA-Security certifications)
* Must obtain appropriate DoD 8570 IA Computing Environment Certification within 6 months of employment
* Interim Secret Clearance required prior to start
* Experience supporting Windows 7, Windows 10, and MS Office 2013.
* Experience using Remedy or a similar ticketing system.
* Strong analytical and follow through skills.
* Strong verbal and written communications skills.
* Ability to coordinate and get cooperation from multiple areas within IT to accomplish assignments.
* Ability to work well independently on defined tasks.
* Ability to work well as part of a team.
* Experience maintaining Lexmark, HP, or Ricoh printer devices (i.e. installing maintenance kits)
* Prior USACE/ACE-IT experience
* Experience working in a DoD environment
* Experience supporting Office 365
* Demonstrated experience as a Lead PC Technician
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.