Our Enterprise amp; Cyber Solutions Team within our Defense amp; Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Solutions Architect with a specialty in Network Engineering.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your technical expertise and leadership experience in support of our DoD Information Technology customers. You will support development of network solutions for new business and ongoing contract ECPs as wells as provide surge and issue support. This role is in support of DoD customers in the DC Metro area as well as globally, ideally candidate will be based in DC Metro area. Opportunity may require up to 25% Domestic travel to customer locations. Position is predominantly performed in a virtual capacity.
• The Solution Architect (SA) will provide the leadership and technical direction for the execution of DoD IT new business during the capture phase and into program execution startup upon award.
• Lead architecture definition of complete network solutions covering the lifecycle from Early CONOPS, to requirements development, technical planning, system integration, analysis of alternatives, verification and validation, design, build, cost , deploy, and sustainment.
• Produces network technical roadmaps that advance the technical baseline and address both the technical and the business factors.
• Lead engineering assessments and selection of investments for a range of network technology across LAN/CAN/wireless and WAN and evolving capabilities and strategies for network technology deployment into the enterprise.
• BA/BS or equivalent experience and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years or prior relevant experience.
• Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance.
• 7+ years of experience supervising or leading technical teams.
• Previous experience as a Chief Engineer or equivalent for network solutions with broad expertise guiding project and operations across multiple related IT disciplines throughout the project lifecycle.
• Possesses broad IT Knowledge base with key IT technologies to include but not limited to: End user computing, Data Center Compute and Storage, Virtualization Technologies, CND, Cloud Technologies, IA.
• Recent DoD IT engineering leadership experience.
• Excellent written and oral communication capability. Ability to communicate with executive leadership regarding matters of significant importance to the organization.
• Experience and ability to successfully negotiate and influence others to understand and accept new concepts, practices and approaches.
• Experience estimating all technical and operations costs within the network.
• Experience identifying and assessing business impacts to proposed changes to a largely technical solution or enterprise operations.
• ITIL foundations certification with Enterprise IT experience using ITIL.
• Technical Certifications such as certified Cloud Architect Cloud, Certified Network Engineer, with extensive network knowledge and one other IT discipline: CND, IaaS, Enterprise Software, End user computing.
• Experience developing strategic roadmaps for Network services and providing technical oversight to ensure developed solutions, satisfy customer and business requirements.
External Referral Eligible