Leidos currently has an opening for a Graphics Software Engineer
. We are looking for an energetic, motivated, independent, self starter for a challenging position supporting a dynamic organization that develops and produces state-of-the-art training and simulation systems. Career advancement possibilities are limited only by your desire. If you have the ambition, we have the position. JOB DESCRIPTION Candidate will develop software as part of the team building three dimensional graphics systems including a submarine periscope simulation, a submarine bridge simulation, and a ship weapons simulation. This code is used in a variety of naval training and simulation systems. All software is developed in a Linux environment, and written in C and C++, utilizing various software packages. Software development will include designing, coding, unit testing, integration testing, and verification and validation testing. Candidate will develop sophisticated, real-time, software to enhance the fidelity of the simulation. Work will include the development of new code and the maintenance and extension of existing code. A background in physics or mathematics is useful to implement physics-based enhancements, such as ocean wave models. Additionally, there is an artistic component to the periscope and bridge simulation work. Producing exceptional visual effects will require more than mathematical engineering effort. Travel may be required to trainer sites, including Pearl Harbor HI, San Diego CA, Bangor WA, Norfolk VA, Groton CT, and Kings Bay GA, that will not exceed 15% of the job. Leidos is the prime contractor for a number of training and simulation systems used throughout the US Navy. These training systems have been extremely well received by the customer. According to the Navy: “There is no other trainer like this in the world. The modeling and the fidelity are unmatched.” “This is a quantum leap in being able to make the [training] system realistic.” “The technology that backs this system up is head and shoulders above anything we have ever seen before.” +++Public Referral Bonus Available+++Qualifications:
- Requires US citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD security clearance prior to hire. Candidate will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical degree. Concentration in computer graphics is desired.
Candidate must have 2 -4 years of experience developing graphics applications in C and/or C++ within a Unix/Linux environment and exposure to some of the following: OpenGL, OpenSceneGraph, and CG/OpenGL shaders.
- Candidate must demonstrate a general commitment to excellence, a dedication to producing quality work results, and an ability to learn and apply new skills.
- Candidate must be committed to customer service, well organized, able to plan and prioritize assignments, and able to successfully handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Candidate must be able to work with minimal supervision and work well under deadlines.
- Candidate must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, be courteous and professional when interacting with colleagues and customers, demonstrate a solid ability to identify and solve problems, and be able to work successfully in a team environment.
Desired Skills: Masters’ degree, continuing education in computer science/computer graphics, and/or math/physics background is desirable. Active DoD Secret clearance is desired. Experience with physics-based modeling and simulation systems, or real time programming is desired. Knowledge of graphics hardware and GPU internals is desired. Experience with OpenSceneGraph and GLSL is highly desired. Exposure to Photoshop, Maya, or other 3D modeling applications is desired.Leidos Overview:
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.