The Senior Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for integration and implementation of the infrastructure that will support the Census 2020 System of Systems. The Senior Infrastructure Engineer will assist in defining evaluation criteria of existing Census systems for migration to a new physical datacenter and/ or cloud resources; assisting architecture with vetting the selected technological solutions; implementing the solution(s) required to fulfill the system and solution level requirements; and for supporting development, integration, test and validation activities to prove system effectiveness, performance, and readiness during critical test events leading up to the 2020 survey. 6-1A
• Contributes to the formulation and maintenance of an enterprise-wide baseline of operating systems and software for the implementation, operation, and maintenance of a platform-as-a-service for a hybrid cloud compute model
• Define evaluation criteria and questionnaires for assessment teams to determine a system or application’s current state in terms of interconnectivity, external dependencies, software stack, and other requirements as required to replicate the system
• Provides input on the development of an Analysis of Alternatives for BCDR solution(s)
• Provides input on the development of design, implementation, operations, user guides, and training materials
• Performs training for engineering and operations staff as required
• Performs integration of Operating System and COTS for custom in-house developed products
• Performs full integration of DevOps tools that support continuous integration and continuous delivery
• Performs full integration of ITSM tools to track licensing, certificates, assets and compliance of permanent and ephemeral systems
• Provides input on evaluation, selection, implementation and maintenance of IT systems, ensuring appropriate investment in strategic and operational systems. Provides responsive advice, counsel, education and service concerning IT issues and trends in the IT industry
• Maintains knowledge and understanding of current and emerging technologies, equipment and systems. Keeps current on laws, mandates, issues, practices and procedures
• Reviews and provides input to policies and standard operating procedures
• Performs other related duties as assigned
Typically requires BS degree and 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
• Must have advanced level knowledge of the concepts, practices and procedures of the field of specialization.
• Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) version 3 or higher certification required or obtained within one (1) year of accepting position
• Must be familiar with source and artifact control and configuration management
• Advanced vendor certifications preferred
• Relevant knowledge of current and emerging technologies
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel, elected officials, executive leadership, senior management, users, vendors and subcontractor personnel
• Ability to consistently meet and exceed expectations and incorporate customer service into all aspects of work
• Proven judgment and problem solving skills
• Solid time management skills with the ability to plan, organize and implement multiple initiatives and deadline-driven workloads while consistently providing outstanding customer service
• Detail-oriented, proactive self-starter demonstrating a positive, willing attitude and excellent oral and written communication skills
• Proficient in datacenter and cloud technologies
• Proficient in datacenter storage and network system
• Proficient with microsegmentation, Layer 2, Firewall, IDS/IPS, NAT, SNAT, and Load Balancing technology
• Proficient in Enterprise Identify Management, DNS, and IPAM technologies
• Proficient in Linux and Windows datacenter server systems
• Proficient in developing standards, baselines
• Proficient in PowerShell, bash or other scripting languages
• Proficient in orchestration and workflow automation and development
• Proficient in developing infrastructure-as-a-code solutions for continuous deployment
• Experienced in supporting project teams in all phases of development the development lifecycle
• Experience in large scale migrations of projects, data, and persons to and from a commodity compute systems
• Proficient in determining the appropriate strategy for recoverability and continuity of business operations • Organizational Skills: Can plan and prioritize work. Follows tasks to their logical conclusion and makes sure that everything has been done to the right standard. Good attention to detail.
• Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently to team members and clients, verbally and in writing. Able to present ideas in a variety of ways depending upon audience and context.
• Results oriented: Able to drive things forward regardless of personal interest in the task.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.