Leidos is hiring Distribution Designers in Orlando, FL and Houston, TX . This Distribution Designer will perform field inspections, develop project design drawings, material lists, and cost estimates for electrical power delivery ranging from 4.8kV to 14.4kV.
The successful candidate will support the following activities:
1) Travel to sites as needed, perform inspections and return to the office to perform engineering design work.
2) Perform engineering calculations such as: structural analysis for wood pole loading, guying calculations, specifying conductor sags and tensions for recommended spans, and calculation of voltage drop and flicker.
3) Coordinate with permit agencies, right-of-way specialists, system owners, field leaders, forestry leaders, and 3rd party owners for joint-owned poles.
4) Provide engineering support during construction, including post-construction reviews to ensure all applicable engineering and construction standards have been met.
5) Conduct root cause analysis of outages and mitigation using engineering principles and design.
• Associates degree in Engineering
• This is an entry level engineering position. Experience with electric utility distribution design and/or construction projects –which can be obtained through either internships or cooperatives while attending university--is preferred.
• Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) required
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Willingness to perform both field and office work. Overnight travel may be required (10-20% travel)
• Ability to work in outdoor environments
• Ability to utilize personal vehicle
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.