Is finding a new and challenging position one of your New Year's Resolutions for 2018? Well, Leidos is looking for you! We are currently hiring 3-4 Entry to Mid-Level Software Engineers for an emerging program in the Columbia, MD area.
What you will do:
The Software Engineer(s) develop, maintain, and enhance complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements. Work individually or as part of a team. Review and test software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolves software problem reports. Utilize software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment. Provide specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
What you need:
- 8 – 12 years of experience designing, coding, testing and debugging highly- complex software programs and a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related disciple
- Written in Java and/or C/C++.
- Scripting experience a must to include Perl, Python Bash or TCL Eclipse
- Domain-Specific Experience in at least three (3) of the following areas:
o Real-time processing and control
o Digital Signal Processing (DSP)
o User Interfaces
o Network Protocol and Systems
o Data Flow Networks
o Speech and Audio including VoIP
o Streaming Technologies
o Network and/or Systems Security
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph REQUIRED (no exceptions)
External Referral Eligible