The Hardware Engineer/Systems Integrator will be a key member of a Software Engineering Services team sustaining and deploying the Biometrics Automated Toolset-Army (BAT-A) which is finding increased use among intelligence data with law enforcement and immigration agencies (e.g. FBI, CIA, Department of Homeland Security and other federal agencies). Provides critical biometrics system administrative and operations and maintenance support to include technical support services for US Army on the BAT system (A.K.A JPIv2), handheld biometrics collection platforms (i.e. SEEK II), Client and Server platforms; to include planning, operation, optimization, security administration, maintenance, and network management. Individual must be self-motivated and able to handle daily tasks with little supervision.. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform complex assignments associated with managing and controlling computer operating systems.
- Set up and maintain more than one type of computer system.
- Create and maintain laptop and server system images using Microsoft’s Deployment Toolkit (MDT)
- Analyze system faults, troubleshoot, and run diagnostic tests on operating systems and hardware to detect problems.
- Evaluate and install developed software during various phases of testing.
- Review and prepare documentation for systems and test and install software.
- Recommend methods and techniques to be used for obtaining solutions.
- Initiate preventive maintenance on the operating systems as well as repair to system/environment problems.
- Administer and/or oversee systems/environment solutions for multiple projects with varying schedules which are critical to the success of programs.
- Plan system/environment requirements for individual projects.
- Interact with management on matters concerning several functional areas, divisions, and/or customers.
- May participate in the creation/maintenance of the overall management plan.
- May be responsible for the technical direction, leadership, and training of less experienced staff.
External Referral Eligible
Qualifications: BASIC QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in computer science, software engineering, information systems, a physical science, engineering or a mathematics-intensive discipline with 5 years’ of relevant IT experience with a proven ability to troubleshoot hardware, networking, SQL Server and Windows operating systems..
- Bachelor's Degree requirement may be substituted with an additional eight (8) years’ experience for a total of thirteen (13) years of relevant IT experience with a proven ability to troubleshoot hardware, networking, SQL Server and Windows operating systems.
- Demonstrated experience administrating Windows servers and laptops and MS SQL.
- Experience working with Information Assurance Engineers supporting the DIACAP efforts and maintaining and monitoring system security requirements.
- Experience with DCOM
The candidate must possess at a minimum Security+ or one or more of the following certifications: GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC); A+ Essentials; Network +, Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA), Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), CISCO Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP), or any other CE certificate approved by DoD 8570 at the AIT level II profile. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: (list additional “pluses or nice to have” skills/experience)
- Experience as a MS SQL DBA.
- Seeking an individual who has familiarity with operations and maintenance of legacy systems and the migration of data from these systems to a new environment.
- Experience integrating systems with Windows 10 OS
- Experience with BAT or biometrics systems
- Experience with Dell VRTX system
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.