The Federal Energy, Environment and Commerce Operation of Leidos is seeking a Data Scientist / Analyst for our Fairfax, VA location, contingent upon award. The job of the Data Scientist / Analyst is to perform in a demanding, high-energy position requiring flexibility and innovative technical solutions to the challenges of processing, interpreting, analyzing, and performing inference over large volumes of heterogeneous data, including text, images and other media. We are seeking individuals with a unique blend of research and operational experience, in order to apply machine learning models and graph analytic approaches to diverse problems in complex environments. This candidate will provide research direction and project leadership, develop innovative concepts for further exploration, and implement solutions that extend the state of the art for applications.<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
The ideal candidate will be able to independently design and undertake new research as well as partner in a team environment across organizations. Develop topic descriptions for creative and innovative approaches to solving challenges. Defining and interpreting business problems directly from customer business units is a must. The ability to refine conclusions, in an iterative process is required. Provide leadership, organization and technical direction to other team members. Design and implement secure, scalable, graph-based, and fault-tolerant solutions across a distributed architecture, with the objective of researching and developing semi- and fully automated approaches applicable across multiple domains.
The individual selected to this position must successfully complete a security investigation by the government. All tax obligations must be current.
Minimum Qualifications:<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
· BA/BS or equivalent experience and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years of prior relevant experience.
· Specialized experience innovating analytical techniques and performing analytical functions.
· Ability to achieve a deep understanding of customer data and data relationships.
· Ability to document and articulate complex customer problems and challenges in a manner that allows research techniques to be successfully applied.
· Ability to create and maintain productive relationships with customers and stakeholders.
· Ability to create data-driven decisions and create plans executing/installing decisions.
· High degree of collaboration across wide ranging groups.
· 5+ years related work experience in synthesizing customer requirements and producing outcomes.
· Experience with Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, or related discipline.
· Undergraduate and/or Masters degree in analytics, finance, computer science, management information systems or business.
· Familiarity with multiple approaches to representing and developing solutions using probabilistic graphical models (Bayes Nets, CRFs, MLNs, PSL) using techniques like statistical relational learning for problems such as causal discovery, temporal dependence, structure mapping and link/evidence prediction.
· Experience with financial systems, audits, and financial controls
· Prior experience with a few of the following models: Logistic Regression, Linear Regression, Support Vector Machines, (Deep) Neural Networks, Hidden Markov Models, Conditional Random Fields, Markov Logic Nets, Probabilistic Soft Logic