Leidos is seeking an experienced Senior Technical Writer for our Integration amp; Logistics Center in Chesapeake, VA. The successful candidate will create, edit, and organize highly technical information and turn it into easily understandable and useful content in support of CDSA Dam Neck for the Integrated Training Systems; including Battle Force Tactical Training (BFTT).
- Develop Navy training and training equipment programs, plans, curriculum, documentation, and materials for complex electronic systems and equipment.
- Analyze program specifications and develop program manpower, personnel, and training requirements using standard DoD and/or Navy algorithms and processes.
- Describe complex and technical topics clearly and accurately in a way that is appropriate for the target audience.
- Coach and review the work of lower level technical writers.
- Develop solutions to problems and issues that are unclear and require thorough analysis.
Ensure technical documentation meets quality standards. Qualifications:BASIC QUALIFICATIONS:
Bachelor’s Degree and 2-4 years of full-time experience developing technical documentation-
Excellent written communication and grammatical skills-
Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment-
Professional experience with XML authoring tools and repository management-
Experience working directly with engineers and other technical subject matter experts-
Data analysis and problem solving skills-
Ability to collaborate effectively across multiple teams and coordinate deadlines-
Also acceptable, Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.(equivalent experience/additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree)PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Prior military experience-
Proficiency with HTML, S1000D, and/or CSS-
Experience supporting BFTT program Leidos Overview:
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.