Tactical Cyber Network Operations Course Developer / Instructor
Program Description: Tactical Cyber Network Operations (TCNO)
Tactical Cyber and Network Operations (TCNO), formerly Warfighter Information Network-Tactical (WIN-T) Increment 3, delivers enhanced integrated/interoperable/standardized Cyber and Network Operations (NetOps) software packages, which make it easier for Signal Soldiers (S6/G6) from the tactical edge up through Corps to plan, configure, manage, monitor, control and secure/defend their tactical network assets.
The Tactical Defense Cyberspace Operations-Infrastructure (formerly TDCO-I, now TDI) delivers integrated capabilities that enable Cyber Network Defense Teams to defend the Army’s tactical communications network. It provides the infrastructure and tools for cyber defenders, both local at the Command Post (CP) and remote at other locations, to conduct DCO mission planning, DCO internal defensive measures and DCO response actions. The program’s accelerated acquisition builds upon capability delivered for Operational Need Statements and leverages commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) solutions.
TDI utilizes a combination of COTS hardware and software and government-off-the-shelf software, running it virtually on the DCO Integrated Kit (computing infrastructure). This DCO Integrated Kit will reside within the CP, at battalion through corps echelons, to enable both organic Cyber Network Defenders inside the CP, as well as Cyber Protect Teams at other locations with remote access, to defend the Army’s network. The program will deliver the integration of capabilities for local Cyber Network Defense teams supporting Strategic Cyber Mission Forces.
Network Engineering - Candidate should have a deep understanding of IPV4 Addressing and Subnetting, Routing – Static and Dynamic, VPN - IPSEC / SSL, NAT- Static / Dynamic , Switching – Vlan Trunking Protocol/Spanning Tree Protocol, Common TCP/UDP Protocols , Common Router functions (DHCP, SNMP, Syslogs), Remote troubleshooting and diagnosis of network connectivity issues, and tracing signal flow. Installation and configuration standard network infrastructure, and experience with firewall technologies; (preferably Palo Alto). Candidate should be familiar with Networking techniques, both physical and virtual. Candidate should be familiar basic Linux scripting skills. Familiarity with Red Hat Linux, OpenStack, or BASH scripting is highly recommended.
Communication Service - Candidate should possess good speaking skills / is able to communicate difficult concepts in classroom environment.
• Serves as the prime instructor for training of Tactical Defensive Cyberspace Operations Infrastructure (TDI) (Ex. infrastructure, operating system, and software) for both Cyber Mission Force remote capability and the local Cyber Network Defense Teams to conduct DCO mission planning, internal defensive measures and response actions.
• Lead build for development of Tactical Defensive Cyberspace Operations Infrastructure (TDI) prototype equipment for internal training.
• Serves as the prime consultant for technical issues for TCNO training course development, and physical infrastructure.
• Attend vendor training in support of TCNO course development requirements.
• Troubleshoots real time issues, relates mitigative steps, and develops remediation activities.
• Coordinates with customers for additional training requirements.
• Maintain courseware, realistic training scenarios, and exercises for Cyber defense warfighters.
• Remain current in discipline and update course content when appropriate to reflect the current levels of knowledge in discipline.
• Travel to CONUS and OCONUS locations in support of TCNO training requirement
• Cyber Security, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field experience. Candidate should be experienced in course and curriculum development; demonstrates experience with a variety of teaching strategies/styles.
• CompTIA Network+ and/or CompTIA Security+
• Linux operating system experience.
• Associates’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution in a related discipline, relevant industry certifications and work experience in Information Technology. Looking for 2-4+ years of experience.
• Typical classroom environment.