The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has a continuing requirement for Secure Enterprise Network Systems, Services, amp; Support (SENS3) for the continued operations and maintenance and evolution of the Homeland Secure Data Network (HSDN) and the Classified Local Area Network (C-LAN). This requirement was previously called Enterprise Networked Services Support (ENSS). The Operations Manager will assume overall responsibility with respect to the execution of the SENS3 Service Lifecycle. The Deputy Operations Manager (OM) will support the Operations Manager by managing operations, engaging with customers, assessing program performance, and identifying and addressing risk, among other responsibilities. Primary task/responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage classified enterprise IT and telecommunication asset inventories.
- Manage classified enterprise IT and telecommunication operation and maintenance services to include Service Desk,
- Deskside Support, Network Operations Center, Video Operations Center, and Video/Voice Operations Center
- Manage the IT and telecommunication hardware and software lifecycle
- Maintain the replacement and maintenance of the IT and telecommunication equipment and consumable inventories.
- Bachelor's Degree in IT Systems Management or equivalent
- Working knowledge of managing classified enterprise IT and telecommunication asset inventories.
- At least 3 years of demonstrated experience in the successful IT operations and management of aspects maintaining classified enterprise IT and telecommunication services at customer and other infrastructure locations
- Knowledge and experience with IT and telecommunication hardware and software lifecycle Knowledge of industry and government best practices
- Working knowledge of maintaining IT and telecommunication equipment and consumable inventories
- Working knowledge of managing classified enterprise IT and telecommunication operation and maintenance services (e.g., Service Desk, Deskside Support, Network Operations Center, PKI Registration Authority, COMSEC material custody, spares management).
- Knowledge of managing the replacement of IT telecommunication consumables
- Experience in ensuring Service Level Agreement (SLA) compliance.
15 Years’ Experience managing IT Projects for classified systems PMP Security+ or CISSP Experience Supporting DHS Programs Knowledge/Experience with Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act Excellent written/verbal communications
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.