The Defense amp; Intelligence Group of Leidos is seeking a Technical Writer to support the conference center under the Information Technology Enterprise Management Contract within the National Geospatial Intelligence Agency.
Candidate will be supporting a large ITIL based IT support contract. Candidate will prepare procedures, manuals, CDRLs and other documents to meet customer guidelines and program specifications. Candidate will be responsible to work with both technical teammates and management to assure an overall consistent documentation packages for the program. Candidate should have experience in ITIL base standards and understanding of ITIL based methods.
Main Duties include:
- Research, develop and document technical design specifications and test scripts
- Produce electronic documentation in addition to hard copy manuals
- Maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation
- Manage updates and revisions to technical literature and documentation research requests, and collaborating with CM staff to control, publish, deliver or archive artifacts
- Works with program engineers and CM staff to drive timely document reviews and CM control
- Works with SMEs to resolve classification, portion marking, compliance to standards
- Raises Export Control issues and concerns and works with SMEs and program leadership to resolve
- Recommends opportunities in document consolidation, retirement, simplification, etc
- Requires practical knowledge of the technical writer professional discipline, typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- HS/GED -- 10 years relevant experience, Associates -- 8 years experience, Bachelors -- 6 years experience, Masters -- 4 years experience, PhD -- 2 years experience
- Active TS/SCI with Poly clearance is required
- · Fluent with MS Office and Windows desktop
- · Has general understanding of industry practices and standards.
- · Experience with a document versioning system like MS SharePoint is helpful
- · Experience with security classification guides is helpful
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.