This is Senior Software Engineer position for the Live Team Program’s AFCTC Upgrade Program. The candidate shall be involved in the development of applications and services that are used to monitor and stimulate MILES equipment as part of live simulation and training for an international customer. Some overseas travel will be required.
Responsible for writing and maintaining source code, creating and maintaining software applications and applying frameworks involved in a software release. Duties include computer programming, documenting, managing configuration, testing, and bug fixing involved in creating and maintaining applications and frameworks involved in a software release life cycle and resulting in a software product.
· Works to achieve key project/program objectives and deliverables.
· Responsible for entire projects or processes spanning multiple technical areas.
· Develops solutions to complex technical issues and problems that impact multiple area or disciplines.
· Communicates with internal team members across multiple areas and client team members.
· Works to influence project/team leaders regarding solution design, process and/or approaches.
· Requires expert knowledge of and ability to apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts.
The candidate should be capable of a dynamic and aggressive schedule as part of the fixed price contract.
· Bachelor's Degree in Software or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline or a Bachelor’s of Science in math/physics/engineering
· Network messaging between processes and hosts
· Experience with Java
· Development within a Windows and Linux environments
· Ability to obtain and maintain a US Government Security Clearance
· Minimum 10-12 years relevant experience in software engineering.