The Leidos Treasury Solutions amp; Development (TSD) Organization supports the Total Information Processing Support Services (TIPSS) contract vehicle which is used by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) for IT contractor support needs. TSD provides various levels of IT products and services including software development, operations and maintenance (O amp;M), project management office (PMO) support and network management. TSD employees of various levels and skills sets work across the US at various IRS facilities and Leidos offices. CAPS (Computer Assisted Publishing) provides IT skills to support content authoring, publishing and distribution of Tax products to the American people.
Leidos is seeking a full time Content Analyst/Engineer. This is a specialized XML Publishing and Data structure role. This position requires the candidate to be a strong communicator and creative thinker.
Duties will include:
• Transformations to and from XML using a variety of programming languages (XSLT, OmniMark, Perl, etc.)
• Provide day to day end user support for 85 tax law specialists who require immediate assistance with their customized authoring environment. Support will include answering technical questions related to use of the PTC Epic product, XML tagging and composition support.
• Understanding of publishing concepts and XML tagging structures such as DTDs and schemas.
• Prepare training materials and conduct training sessions for end users on how to use the PTC Epic product
• Support the customized programming language used within the custom PTC Epic product.
• Writing and maintaining user guides
• Workflow engineering for publishing-related processes
• XML and relational content analysis and design (including the development of DTDs and W3C XML Schemas), preferably for publishing applications (i.e., including document content as well as data)
• Familiarity with and interest in publishing-related processes and technologies for both online and print
• Communication skills appropriate for consultative work; our projects require close interaction with customers and technology partners
• Ability to work efficiently as part of a team and without supervision
• Familiarity with publishing tools such as Antenna House or similar
• Familiarity with business systems/processes used by publishers (for example fulfillment, content management, web publishing)
• Familiarity of XML authoring tools such as, but not limited to, PTC Arbortext
• Understanding of XML, data structure, DTD, Schema, WC3
• Understanding of publishing concepts such as XSLT and stylesheets
Typically requires BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.