The NISC III program within the IS amp;GS -Civil group at Leidos currently has 2 openings for a Power/Electrical Engineer in Des Plaines, IL.
The Power/Electrical Engineers will provide engineering support to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Infrastructure Engineering group with planning, design, evaluation of new and existing electrical / power systems across a wide range of facilities and associated equipment.
These positions will develop new FAA electrical engineering packages for use in the installation of major systems, components, and equipment in a variety of differing types of FAA facilities: e.g. Air Route Traffic Control Center (ARTCC); Terminal Radar Approach Control (TRACON); Towers; or remote facilities.
Employees main responsibilities are to perform studies for power systems modeling, power flow, short circuit, protective devices coordination, arc flash and other engineering tasks.
Employees will perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications:Typical education and experience:
- Typically requires BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience in electrical engineering related to facility construction, alteration, restoration, and auditing is required.
- Demonstrated experience n electrical engineering design or design review of power systems, generator, high voltage, grounding, lightning protection, and backup power systems.
- Strong knowledge of applicable electrical codes is also required.
- Experience in managing projects in a lead role and working independently is required.
- Some overnight travel is required. (estimated 25%)
- Strong communication skills.
- Knowledge of the National Airspace System (NAS) and/or previous working experience working for/with the FAA is desired.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.