The NISC III program at Leidos currently has an opening for a Air Traffic Control Specialist Requirements Planner to work in our Ft. Worth office.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the National Airspace System Integration Support Contract (NISC) mission.
In this mission we provide subject matter expertise to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) throughout the Central Service Area.Primary Responsibilities
- Provide support to various Air Traffic Control Centers, TRACONs and Air Traffic Control Towers.
- Support consists of assisting Air Traffic facilities with Requirements support with transition planning, including review and comment on implementation and transition issues.
- Review impacts of specification and designs for new ATC facilities.
- Analyze interdependencies between various programs and their effect on service area/field AT resources and make recommendations for resolution of conflicts.
- Support the annual call for estimates, including service area validation, preparation, justification prioritization of submission of the Facilities and Engineering (F amp;E) budget.
Qualifications:Typical education and experience:
- Monitor/track single source F amp;E requests from field facilities.
- Typically requires a BA degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Bachelors’ Degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education with 10 years’ experience.
- Minimum 10 years FAA Air Traffic Control Experience required.
- Working knowledge or experience with the following FAA Air Traffic Control programs: Corporate Work Plan, Needs Assessment Program.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong collaboration/interpersonal skills.
- Strong Communication skills, verbal and written.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Up to 25% travel may be required.
Preferred Qualifications (Would give a candidate an advantage)
- FAA Staff office or Front Line Manger experience desired.
- Knowledge/understanding of FAA Organizational Structure (Service Area Level and Field Facilities).
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.