The candidate will serve as a Technical Editor editing strategic intelligence products on behalf of DIA’s Americas Regional Center at Joint Base Anacostia Bolling.
The candidate will provide written editorial feedback for a range of products and ensure consistency of expression, logical organization and development, readability, appropriate formatting, and conformity of grammar and style to publication standards. The candidate will work in accordance with customer requirements for timeliness and quality of service and manage editorial priorities and procedures to maximize customer service. The candidate will maintain expertise and comprehensive editorial knowledge and will share this knowledge in written and oral format as appropriate.Qualifications:
EDUCATION amp; EXPERIENCE: Requires a BA degree and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- The candidate must have excellent knowledge of English grammar and usage and a demonstrated ability to edit complex information resulting in products that are clear, concise, and understandable to a broad audience.
- The candidate must have experience using Microsoft Office and Adobe products with advanced layout and formatting skills.
- The candidate must have excellent written and oral communication skills including the ability to listen to, clarify, and convey understanding of others’ ideas.
- The candidate must have a proven track record for accomplishing goals, often on short timelines, and be able to work as part of a team.
- The candidate must be able to prioritize, perform multiple tasks, and change focus quickly in a fast-paced, time-constrained environment.
- The candidate must have at least eight years of experience.
- The candidate must have a TS/SCI clearance and be able to pass a CI polygraph.
- The candidate should bring knowledge and understanding of the Intelligence Community and how intelligence analysis is constructed and conveyed.
- The candidate should bring detailed knowledge of the DIA Style Manual and tradecraft.
- Familiarity with ICD 203 and 206.
- The candidate should bring a thorough knowledge of applying analytical and evaluative techniques to edit within a defined style to ensure consistency.
- The candidate should bring detailed knowledge of classification markings and the ability to provide guidance on classification questions.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.